News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vacuum actuator rebuild

Started by Calif240, June 19, 2015, 10:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Hey guys, did a search and saw that Wilson products (www.n96airgrabber.com) is a good place for headlight actuator rebuilds. However, he's currently out of parts and on a long delay. I'm wondering if anyone has used any other reputable source for rebuild, or even better, if anyone knows how to rebuild these? I've rebuilt several things for the car, but not sure I want to tackle this on my own. I know you can purchase new ones, but getting mixed reviews and they're pricey. Mine work, but leak vacuum. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Aussiemadonmopars

If your doing a restomod then I can highly recommend the electric actuators, thats what I'm running.  :cheers:

myk

I agree with the electric motors, but they can be just as expensive as a set of new vacuum actuators.  More if you consider the fab work that goes into mounting them.

You can go on eBay and pick up a pair for less than $200.  The trick is to find a pair that isn't worse off than what you already have.  I got a pair that way and now I don't have to stop the car and lift up the doors to get headlights lol...