News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 V code coming for sale, need help

Started by r4daytona, June 09, 2015, 09:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

A friend texted me last night and plans to sell his partially restored V-Code (at least that's what I've been told) 1970 charger.  He did tell me he believes the manifold and carbs are gone though.  He wants me to come out and inventory what he has and check out any numbers/part numbers for correctness.  That's where I need help.  I know to look on the block, tranny, rad support, trunk gutter, but I'm not sure of the part numbers for the leaf springs, axle tube, radiator, glass, lower control arms, wheels, etc, etc.  I don't think I need to get into EVERY part, but the most important ones are what I'm looking for.  You guys are WAY more knowledgeable than I am so I thought I's ask for help. Here's some pictures of the car.  I have no idea what he wants for it but I'll find out soon.  Even though not much is known at this time, any insight to value would help as well.
Thanks
Tom

maxwellwedge

Torsion Bars....780/781
Leaf springs 794/964
If the engine is original it should have an F 440  and HP or HP2 stamp on it. The assembly date is on there too
You need the build sheet to determine what wheels, etc. it came with. Glass is dated.....need to determine if it should be tinted - etc.
Is there a build sheet? A fender tag?
K-frame should have a skid plate and if there is a "coin" welded on the front - it should have a "79" on it.
Lower control arms should have the tabs for a sway bar.

Alaskan_TA

If there is a broadcast sheet then some of the major parts are coded by the last two or three digits of the full part number so you can uses it as a reference.

Leaf springs as one example have the number in the bottom leaf.

RallyeMike

Be sure to have him post it in the 4sale section...
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

r4daytona

It will get posted in the for sale forum, but figured I could get the code info here.  Not sure if it has a build sheet but will find out.  Max, thanks for the code info you provided.  That one picture which shows just a little of the rearend appears to be a Dana.  Any codes on that?

r4daytona

sway bar tabs should be on the far outside correct?  Not in the middle.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: r4daytona on June 09, 2015, 01:20:37 PM
It will get posted in the for sale forum, but figured I could get the code info here.  Not sure if it has a build sheet but will find out.  Max, thanks for the code info you provided.  That one picture which shows just a little of the rearend appears to be a Dana.  Any codes on that?

The Dana will have some dates stamped on the axle tube...as well as a usage code.....I think John K posted it once - I'll go look. If the car is in unreal shape it will also have a paper strap wrapped around the axle tube - near the backing plate flange.

Here are the usage codes.........

Bill of Materials Numbers:
68-69    B body    3.54   Powr-Lok   602957-1, -2, -3, -4
                          4.10   Powr-Lok   602957-5, -6
69.5-70  B body    3.54   Powr-Lok   603109-1, -2
                          4.10   Powr-Lok   603109-3, -5

70-72    B body    3.54   Trac-Lok   603222-1, -2
                          4.10   Trac-Lok   603222-3