News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General mayhem will be getting a hellcat!

Started by Baldwinvette77, May 29, 2015, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

I agree and disagree with most of the comments before me. Sure, it is great to build something out of nothing, but that wasn't always the premise. They have built much from little and now they, like many of us, have received a raise and they can afford better toys!!!!  I like the show. It cracks me up and is much closer to REALITY than most REALITY shows have ever been!!!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Stegs

right

And he traded a set of of cylinder heads for the charger body itself

he kept the car from being scraped out or trashed

Now Dodge wants to give him a hellcat motor and some of you guys are pooping on the idea?

I dont get it....the car is getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance at life with a fantastic motor!

I love the idea, that car deserves it!

Brass

Exactly.  I am 100% in favor of the Hellcat engine for the General Mayhem.  That is the essence of hot-rodding and the car is not a restoration.  The swap will generate useable knowledge, it will make the car more fun, and it'll represent better.  Look how many times the Crusher evolved?  How many people can afford a big LS?  If that's not enough to convince you, maybe getting a better engine will inspire more love/attention for it in the future.  Because all that being said, I admit it does bother me that it needs glass and isn't licensed/street legal.  I want to see it move beyond its current, useable-only-in-dirt status.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Brass

Looks like they were able to get some gains using aluminum heads, despite the low compression.