News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guilty pleasure or skeletons in the closet

Started by Ghoste, May 24, 2015, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Quote from: skip68 on May 25, 2015, 06:20:34 AM
There's one for sale in Vegas with 5,000 original miles for $20,000.   :icon_smile_wink:   
Wow, I need to win the lottery soon!

6spd68

My dirty little secret would be a Ferrari Kit Car, on a Fierro chassis.  I've always loved the idea, but can never justify the actual cash it costs to make one  :eek2:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

c00nhunterjoe

67 rs camaro
70 chevelle ss 454
67 shelby gt500
57 chevy black widow
49 merc from COBRA (stallone)
55 chevy from 2 lane blacktop (i sat in the real car....)
Geez, i could keep naming them off.... and for the guy that wanted a cosworth vega, my friend has a mint o e for sale, 50,000 origonal miles, 4 speed car, 1 of 700 made or something, $4000 beautiful and ready to drive home.

RallyeMike

Interesting question. After Mopars 1966-1974, I love Mopars 1956-1961 as a close second. The main reason I have stuck pretty closely to these two groups of cars is because its what I started out with, its what I know, and what I have a parts stash for.

Otherwise, I'm really and "all-makes" kind of guy at heart. I have always liked Chevy Trucks approximately 73-78 (just sold the one I had :'(  ). I also have soft spots specifically for the 53 Ford, 66-67 Ford Fairlane, 65 Impala, 70 Falcon/Torino, 73 Mustang Fastback, and 73 Javelin.

I suppose the one item that might be a considered a guilty pleasure amongst a bunch of muscle car guys, is that that I am fascinated by the lowrider scene. I don't ever plan on building one  -  I just love to look at the artistry and talk to the guys that build them. They have a passion for their cars like nobody else.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

ODZKing

No secret, I believe I've mentioned this a few times.  But from certain people, I do get looks!  ::)
While I didn't appreciate them at the time, I would love to have my Dad's 67 and 73 Monaco's back. I never realized how much I enjoyed those cars.
Yep, that's me ... the car I learned to drive on and the other which I drove often.

69wannabe

Quote from: Lennard on May 24, 2015, 06:14:38 PM
I'd love to own a sixties vw bug. I spent a big part of my youth in the backseat of the one my parents owned. Someday I'll own one. ;D

Same here!!! My mom and dad had one when I was a kid too and i'd like to own one someday too... Saw a nice light blue one last weekend for sale but I didn't stop and look at it but looked like it was in good shape!! If I didn't have the charger my second choice would be a 70 challenger R/T. For a non mopar I would like a 69 or 70 olds 442. I like the old oldsmobile's around them year models. Had a die cast 69 old's 442 white with gold stripes and it was sharp!!! That is before I got the mopar bug tho...

stripedelete

Interesting question. ..   Not the dream car, not the if I had the money and the space cars, but in fact , the "good looking fat chick".

:think:

Sodium Pentathol

Ok,,,,,   Chevy Volt.

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Mike DC

Ferrari kit car on a Fiero chassis:

I like the idea too.  (Either that or a Lambo Countach)  Real 1980s Exotics are still expensive for something that isn't very well made in the big picture.  Trying to repair & maintain something with so little production/parts/etc is getting HORRIBLE.

Early '60s VW Beetle:

I couldn't own this without giving it the 53 uniform.  

The sequels were cheese but the first 1969 movie was better than it had any right to be.  
It was the same stunt guys from Bullitt and Vanishing Point.

The Corvette Summer car:

Wow, that takes the cake.  That has to be the first time I've ever heard anyone with a positive reaction to that car.    

ws23rt

I have good memories about my 69 bug. I bought it for $50 and it got me wherever I wanted to go when my mopars were not able to do so.

To have a second (back up) car when affording anything was a struggle seemed like a luxury. The bug was also great in the snow and ice. :2thumbs:

Musicman

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 26, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
The Corvette Summer car:
Wow, that takes the cake.  That has to be the first time I've ever heard anyone with a positive reaction to that car.  

Make that two people that think it's so gaudy and over the top that it's actually cool  :lol:

Speaking of which... Did anyone beside me notice Bob's retro cool glasses   :icon_smile_big:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Musicman on May 26, 2015, 07:03:47 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 26, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
The Corvette Summer car:

Make that two people that think it's so gaudy and over the top that it's actually cool  :lol:

Agreed  :lol: I think the right hand drive actually cinches the deal on the car's appeal, the idea of building a replica has crossed my mind many times

Mike

Stegs

Mine would be a mint 1971 Datsun 240z....just love the look of those cars...and the sound of triple weber cars  :yesnod:

and of course, a Jeep CJ8 (scrambler) and a Jeep FC150!

rt green

1970 plymouth fury minnesota highway patrol car. or a 55 chevy gasser
third string oil changer

marshallfry01

1967-69 Camaro
1969-70 Chevelle
1969-70 Pontiac GTO
1966-68 Mustang Fastback
1970 Buick GSX
1977-78 Pontiac Trans-am
1955-57 Bel Air

I like them all! They've all had their good years for certain makes and models  :drool5:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

GOTWING

70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
70 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
70 Boss 302 Mustang

Aero426

70 Cyclone Spoiler
69 Merc Marauder X100
66 Impala, 60 and 61 Pontiac (earliest cars I remember growing up)
36 Chevy coupe (my dad had one)

GOTWING

OK OK , I'm really going to come out of the closet on this one... 80's black 2 door Chevette with a Buick GN 3.8 intercooled turbo !  :D There I said it now can we get back to Mopar !  :icon_smile_big:

NYCMille

Bought this 6 months ago and can't stop driving it...

Homerr

Quote from: NYCMille on May 29, 2015, 09:53:20 AM
Bought this 6 months ago and can't stop driving it...

Looks sweet!  

To complete your collection of black-car-bad-assery may I suggest one of these:

Dino

Future cars:

Delorean with modern LS engine and manual transmission.

60's Fiat 500

VW microbus type 1

Yeah that's gonna cost me...   :icon_smile_big:

Sweet T/A NYC!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69chargerboy

My future cars. I have to start saving my lunch money.. Im being realistic, with the top 3. Never able to afford the Singer Porsche...
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

mightywing7

Finally get a chance to respond now that Friday has finally arrived.  Outside of my '68 R/T, I would get a black Lamborghini Countach optioned with the rear spoiler, just like the one pictured on the poster that was on my wall nearly thirty years ago.  Others would include the cars from the TV show "The Munsters": Herman's Family Koach Mobile and Grandpa's Drag-u-la.  Those cars would be cool to drive around in during cruise nights with the family.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

ws23rt

I had a 57 300C. Bought it from the original owner that saw it at an auto show in 57 in Calif. He bought it for his wife as a surprise after the show.

Since my first car was a 57 Desoto the 300C was the ultimate for that year. That car had a 392 solid lifter cam and two fours stock.

Many regular folks here know all about the "300C" but I think it's worth mentioning that when we talk about hemi's and factory performance history this car and the 58 300D were the hellcat of the day. I do regret selling that car for $1700 in the early eighties. :slap:

Musicman

Love the 57 and the 60 too