News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Too much power!

Started by Homerr, May 20, 2015, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

RallyeMike

"I was wondering where those left over bolts were supposed to go".
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

6spd68

After watching the Youtube version; I kind of wish the car spun a bit more, and smacked into those assholes...
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Paul G

It does make you laugh watching the dart jump up and off of it's rear end.. Feel sorry for the guy though.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Drache

A driver in Stony Plain, Alta., has revealed an apparent weakness with a 'muscle car' — a back axle that completely fell off.

The dramatic break down happened in the town west of Edmonton earlier this month and was captured on a dashcam video that has since been posted online.

The video shows what appears to be a vintage red Dodge Dart passing the vehicle with the dashcam. The car speeds up, wobbles, then heaves back and forth in the far right lane before bouncing, tipping up onto its front end and losing the entire back axle.

Bart VanRootselaar, owner of The Iron Garage in Stony Plain which specializes in vintage and muscle cars, says he cringes every time he watches the video.

"Actually I drove by it that night that it happened," he said. "I didn't see it happen, but I did see it on the side of the road."

He believes the car is worth more than $50,000 and the amount of the damage significant.

The driver of the Dart is not talking, but the tow company that moved the car told CBC the driver had only owned it for several hours before the mishap.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

dual fours

Looks like the Dart's drive train went in to reverse.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: dual fours on May 23, 2015, 06:36:36 PM
Looks like the Dart's drive train went in to reverse.
Thanks for posting!

I was wondering what could cause that...wasn't laughing either... :Twocents:

1970Moparmann

I saw this on another forum and thought to myself what can be done to make sure something like this doesn't ever happen.... The weakest link will always break with horsepower.

As the article said, the owner of the car had it for a few hours.   Trust no one, and check things out before your going to beat on it.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Paul G

The leaf springs stayed with the car. The axle freed itself from the leaf springs. My guess would be u bolt failure.  Either mproperly tightened u bolts, or they were defective. They could have been over tightened and snapped, or under tightened which allowed the axle to rotate and break free. Thats my guess.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

daveco

I'd really like to know "The Rest of The Story" on this one!
R/Tree

Rubberduck

Recently I´ve seen a car with only one U-bolt per side. The two others were just not present.
I wonder how long that will last.........

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

scratchinfotraction

IMHO, that looks like 4 link/coil over failure.

I don't see how a rear axle that bolts on top of the spring would come out square like that and not see some of the broke spring or something.

as far as under power and miss the shift right into reverse? that would do it.

looks to me a link rod let go under power and it then got in a bind popping the other end links.

edit. after watching with sound up it does sound like he nailed it in 1st then went for 2nd going into reverse.

man those goobs are still yucking it up 2 miles down the road.

472 R/T SE

I'm gonna have to concur with scratchin'.

If there were springs under it, the car wouldn't have fell down on the quarters correct?  It would have landed on the springs and the springs should have shown themselves during the fiasco.

It looks like a Dana as well with the chrome cover showing?  Not very wide of a tire either.  If you're gonna be running a Dana wouldn't you also have some meat under there?

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks to me a hardware upgrade was in order.

Barfyspitz

That's a shame what a beautiful dark dropped on the pavement like that shame on those jack offs for laughing at it