News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My twist on a General Lee

Started by keith88, May 02, 2015, 06:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Thanks Guys, If it wasn't for the Dukes of Hazzard i would have never of known about a charger,when i 1st saw it on tv when i was a teenager i asked a friend of mine what kind of car that was not knowing... and because of that show started my love with cars and was the reason my 1st 3 cars as a teenager were 70 chargers but always wanted a 69 so when i sold a 69 camaro that i owned last year to buy the car i always wanted i had to do some sort of tribute to the General Lee seeing that it was the car that started it all. I actual got the idea from you tube someone did the same type of thing with a 68 and i said to myself that can work with me as well so i did it. It seems to make the purest happy as well as the fans of the general lee.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

skip68

It was the same for me.  I was 9 or 10 years old when the dukes started.  From that moment of seeing the General Lee I was obsessed with the Charger.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hollywood1336

Very cool, i was considering a similar idea of a silver painted Charger with the paint peeling off in strategic locations to expose an Orange General Lee underneath.
Personally, i like the 318, with the right exhaust they sound awesome and they don't completely overwhelm the engine compartment. Yours is a very clean and sanitary installation with the right amount of tech.

keith88

"Very cool, i was considering a similar idea of a silver painted Charger with the paint peeling off in strategic locations to expose an Orange General Lee underneath.
Personally, i like the 318, with the right exhaust they sound awesome and they don't completely overwhelm the engine compartment. Yours is a very clean and sanitary installation with the right amount of tech."

That would be kool to, I did something very similar to my jeep wrangler but i used the mountain dew scheme from dale jr car and had it peeling away around the door numbers and hood to make it look like  the car was underneath.
As far as the exhaust i just put a new one on using glasspacks and it sounds pretty nice with the mild cam it has.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

toocheaptosmoke

318's, the Rodney Dangerfield of mopar engines...

I get that a lot.  "Cool car, what engine's it got?" - "318? When you gonna put a real motor in there??"  -   Lately, instead of answering about how the 318 is a good motor and I still get decent mileage, maybe I'll build a stroker down the road, it's a work in progress, yada yada...   I just say with a straight face that it had a 440 in it, but I scrapped that boat anchor.   And no, I don't plan on ever painting it!  The resulting looks of horror/confusion/disgust have been much more entertaining. :lol:

Ghoste

You are so right and its puzzling because they were such a great engine for so long and now people look down their noses at them.  I really don't get it at all.

keith88

I think some people are looking for effect ...balls to the wall WOW engine and that's good if that what you want but this is a driver and works just fine for me plus a lot of the driven general lees had a 318 in them as well in the show. The days of driving like a wild man and breaking things are over...I hope

Drache

I abused my 318 so bloody badly it should have exploded. Never did, still running to this day  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

timmycharger

Yup, absolutely nothing but respect for the 318. My first engine build was a 318 that ended up in my daily driver 87 Dodge Ram.  I did a lousy job on the rebuild, didnt break it in correctly, ran it with low oil pressure, low oil, over revved it, you name it, but the dang thing started every time, never left me stranded and plowed my driveway until the body and everything else around the motor crapped out.

The car looks great!!  :cheers:

Hard Charger

that's a good way to personalize your car.

MxRacer855

skip68

Wow, I didn't even notice the ghost numbers.   :lol:  how'd you do that?    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MxRacer855

It's awesome because it's an orange car if you just want that, and has a number in it if you want that too!
You know what I mean?
Lots of people will just see the orange, but once you notice the number, you'll always see it from there on out.  :2thumbs:

That makes it awesome!  :lol:

:cheers:

Jeff

keith88

The numbers are a decal done in a shadow gray tint before and after the number outline I wanted the viewer to see it but not stand right out. The picture really dose not do it justice it looks even cooler in real life. And your right it is the best of both worlds, even people who don't like the charger being turned into a general lee thing don't seem to mind. 

MxRacer855

keith88

I should have said a CLEAR vinyl with gray shading that is a better description.  :2thumbs:

MxRacer855

Whatever it is, it looks great Keith!  :cheers:

skip68

OK. Almost looked like it was painted under clear coat.   Nice. 

keith88

Here's a couple of better shots of the passenger side.

MxRacer855

charlie45

I like it: Its subtle and unique, you see plenty of the other ones.... :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

The subtle decals look killer!   :2thumbs:

Stance looks great too!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MxRacer855

It does have a great stance!  :2thumbs:
This is what I'm looking for when I'm done.  :drool5:  :drool5:

ACUDANUT

As I said before, Very nice car... I would be proud to own it.  :cheers: