News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My twist on a General Lee

Started by keith88, May 02, 2015, 06:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

This is my twist on a General Lee a lot of people have taken there chargers and made a general from it i went a bit different and did what i call a ghost lee. 1st i had a ghost image of the numbers made and put them on the doors just enough to see it.  My car has a vinyl top and wasn't able to do the flag or name but plan on that in the future when i have the paint redone and the vinyl top taken off i will do the roof detail.  I also stuck a picture of the general lee under the hood along with the name on both sides of the engine compartment than i added a ghost 01 under the picture. Here's some shots of what i did.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Baldwinvette77

Its neat, i like it   :popcrn: but i see a future of people telling you "you did it wrong"  :lol:

skip68

Those wheels compliment any color of charger  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69wannabe

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

70ChargerX2

This is really cool and I think if you give the top the same treatment when redoing the paint it will look even cooler.
Very nicely done.

Paulie

c00nhunterjoe

Just tell people the flag is under the vinyl....lol

TexasStroker

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 02, 2015, 08:40:15 PM

Haha!

It is kind of the best of both worlds, a little stock 69 and a little General Lee!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

keith88

Quote from: TexasStroker on May 03, 2015, 12:36:24 AM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 02, 2015, 08:40:15 PM

That is what i thought about telling people who asked or said any thing..LOL. Had my 1st show yesterday and it was well received by patrons got a lot of comments, it is the best of both worlds for the people who like them stock and for the people who dont mind the general lee... thanks

Haha!

It is kind of the best of both worlds, a little stock 69 and a little General Lee!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

myk

Good looking car.  If anyone has a problem with it, then they can go build their own...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ACUDANUT

skip68

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 03, 2015, 11:34:31 AM
Nice car, But a 318 ?  :scratchchin:

:o OMG!  It's not a big block.   What a piece of crap.  This is a turd of a car. 
This kind of restoration is exactly what's ruining this hobby. 
Absolutely disgusting and obviously very difficult to look at.   You need to dump this car immediately and never look back. 
I'd be more than happy to assist you by coming and getting it from you.   Just let me know when I can pick it up.   Naturally I'll cover all expenses so as to make this as painless as possible for you.    :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Yeah really, whats wrong with a 318?

keith88

Nothing wrong with a 318! do i wish it had a bigger motor? ...sure but it will do for now if anything ever happens i will keep it a small block though ill up grade to a 360 or 340 but for now it works just fine and gas mileage is great. I dont race it I show it and drive it :coolgleamA:

Drache

Quote from: keith88 on May 03, 2015, 04:34:35 PM
Nothing wrong with a 318! do i wish it had a bigger motor? ...sure but it will do for now if anything ever happens i will keep it a small block though ill up grade to a 360 or 340 but for now it works just fine and gas mileage is great. I dont race it I show it and drive it :coolgleamA:

And it's a nice looking 318!  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger-Bodie

I'm pretty sure skippy is just messin around.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BlaineKaiser450

I really like it  :drool5: I'm not much a fan of copying another vehicle so I've never really had eyes for General Lees, but you put your own twist on it, and it came out great  :cheers:
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

69wannabe

I'm a big block fan myself but the 318's are great engine's and last forever!!!!  Small block's have their place in muscle cars for sure, a few years back I built a 416 ci stroker out of a 340 for a 68 barracuda and it was awesome!! It was built more for the strip than the street and it had a 175 shot of spray on it too so it was not a slouch!!! Most people thought we were running a big block in it!!! That car hurt alot of feeling's at our local drag strip!!! You engine look's great and very nicely done!!!  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on May 03, 2015, 06:35:58 PM
I'm pretty sure skippy is just messin around.

Oh I know skip was.

dyslexic teddybear

Interesting concept.....

I tend to like subtle styling......so it's no surprise a GL isn't very high on the to do list. It's still a Charger and a Mopar, and a very nice one. :2thumbs:

Definitely would like to see it in person. :yesnod:

As for a 318......

With the hood up......no matter what you do, it's not as impressive as a BB.

I'm more impressed with what happens with the hood down......like driving. I, being a big fan of stealth, see some serious fun with a SB stroker......

Yes.....some interesting possibilities with a stealth GL........

1965gp

Looks great- very good option until you do the top treatment.

six-tee-nine

I like the lee touch its not over the top.
BTW I like your engine bay detailing.

Nothing wrong with a good running smallblock. Lots of guys running low comp big block turds that cant move their own a$$ properly....
And if you want to mess around with that engine some day you could always add 2 turbo's, get some extra attention because of them and spank some powerfull big blocks also......
:cheers:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

nvrbdn

What a beautiful charger. You must be thrilled with the outcome. Congrats on an awesome build. :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House