News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 ST 5.9 19,000 miles - suggestion on value....

Started by 1970Moparmann, April 21, 2015, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Guys,

One of my customers has the above, and it is a time capsule!   It has 19,000 miles, and has been garaged kept since new.   Never driven in rain or snow.   It is a 4 x 2 8' bed, regular (single) cab.   Any clue on what it might be worth?    Honestly, I don't want it, but it seems like it's too good to pass up.   Original everything..... It looks like it just came off the showroom floor.   There are a few minor dings (which I can get out for about $100).  And, it has an upgraded tailgate - cage style.   It is white exterior with grey interior.  

Kelly BB shows the value as $3,650, and Edmunds is $4,600.    Looking on Ebay and other websites there is nothing to compare.

Any ideas?

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1970Moparmann

No one has any feedback?   

I took it for a drive today and it's like it's brand new..  I mis-spoke earlier..... It turned 15,000 miles today.  :o

We didn't talk money today.  The owner couldn't talk much. 

Aero426

I bought a very similarly equipped 2004 Ram 2500 2wd for towing five years ago.    I got it at what I felt was a discount due to the 2wd,  standard cab and plain look.  

That said, regardless of the vanilla look, there isn't much out there in a nice used 3/4 ton truck for under $5000, especially in the midwest.    If your plan is to keep it and use it, I think anything close to that number is fair, even as a 2wd.   $3500 would be a gift.    The only caveat is the truck is still almost 15 years old.    Assuming "stored inside" mean the underside looks as good as the top,  I don't see how you get hurt.    I assume the engine is a 5.9?  

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Aero426 on April 22, 2015, 05:12:39 PM
I assume the engine is a 5.9?  

Correct!  The owner just decided to start driving it as everyday use, so it has some dirt on it now.  I balled him out--LOL.   We haven't talked money yet, so if he thinks he can get $10k, I'll politely tell him good luck.

It is a time capsule though....

Aero426

There's no price guide to establish a value on a cream puff.   So it's going to come down to whatever someone is willing to pay.   He also has an easy way to advertise it with walk in traffic.   

skip68

I'd say somewhere around the $6k mark.  Probably closer to $5,500 range.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!