News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Advice needed on interior restoration

Started by 68moparbob, April 10, 2015, 06:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68moparbob

I am starting the interior restoration on my 68 R/T.  Has anyone used Instrument Specialties to have door panels and the upper door pads dyed?  My interior is white and the pieces are in very good condition,  just yellowed a bit.  Trying to decide whether to go with Legendary or have these pieces dyed.
Any thoughts on having them dyed?  Anyone have a special formula of the white dye for the 68 interior?

comet_666

Herbs has spray dye and it matches exactly. I used it to dye my door pads 200 white for my 69.

http://www.herbsparts.com/

holanae

Shipping on the paint was ridiculous, but the the product is awesome.  Prep is key.  I have been restoring mine slowly and the colors are spot on.

john108

I used SEM and the match appears perfect to me.  Burgundy and Napa Red.

comet_666

When I first sprayed my upper door pads I thought that the Herbs stuff was way off on the 200 "White", then I asked Legendary for a 200 White color sample. Dead on.
As holanae says, prep is the key and many light coats.
Mine were already dyed from green to black, I had to use acetone on mine to get them back green then re dye them.

Al

I agree Herb's stuff is awesome. I did my complete interior with their spray dye, after 3 years it still looks great.
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

68moparbob

I went with the Herb's paint. I have not tried it yet, but looking forward to it. Will follow up with an update when I get to that stage of the restoration.
Thanks for the feedback everyone!