News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upper Front Door Pad Emblems

Started by VegasCharger, April 06, 2015, 06:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

I'm about to remove the "Charger" door emblems from the front upper pads. The factory pressed these on thus I will have to grind off the pressed rivets to remove them. My question is what is the common method used to re-install these. Glue? Is there a way to re-press these on? How are the repop ones installed? If gluing back on, what if you have to remove them in the future down the road?

Al

I fixed mine with power straps and it works great.

Al
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

myk

el dub

what power straps. Al, are you out there.

looking for info on who used what on installing upper door pad emblems (charger). And how long ago you installed them and is it still on there. In other words the best way to attach the emblems on the door pad and the best material used/ thanks
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Lord Warlock

I'd try hot glue, if that didn't work, I'd use some of the weatherstripping adhesive.  I never removed mine, just cleaned them up and repainted the red areas while off the car. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

71_Charger_R/T

I used a dab of seam sealer on the back of mine. Same exact emblem on the '71 just not in the recess of a pad like yours. If they ever need to be removed, it can be done but they won't be coming off without purposely trying to remove them!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Al on May 13, 2015, 03:29:38 PM
I fixed mine with power straps and it works great.

Al
Pictures?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."