News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

timming

Started by slyfox, March 10, 2015, 04:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyfox

Hi, I own a 76 Cordoba with a 400, without the lean burn system on it, I installed a Edelbrock 4 barrel intake, edelbrock 600 cfm carb., dual exhaught, with Hemi mufflers only, what's degree should the timming be set on it, Thanks

myk

Whatever the engine likes.  Your engine is far from stock, so any factory based recommendations on timing are worthless.  Do you have a timing light and/or a vacuum gauge?  The idea is to get the most vacuum at idle as you adjust the timing, while simultaneously listening to how your engine is responding to your manipulations.

Personally, I have 20* of initial, with 36* total @ 2500 RPM....

slyfox

Thanks for the info. Good starting point.

slyfox

I'm using regular gas in it, 87 octane, I would like to know if 91 octane would make a difference in performance, since it a low compression engine, I know that 87 octane as 15% ethonal in it, I heard that 91 octane doesn't and that ethonal is not good for fuel systems. thanks  Sly