News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'Saturday Night Live' ISIS Skit Angers Some

Started by Mopar Nut, March 02, 2015, 03:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

I didn't see the skit or go to the link so I shouldn't really comment but anytime I see the question asked about going too far in commenting on ISIS I can't help but wonder if ISIS ever once thought beheading people for no reason seems reasonable?

Old Moparz

It doesn't matter what SNL or any other comedian decides to use for material, it's all about context. It isn't like the producers of the show invited an actual member of ISIS to be the guest host. As usual though, people with nothing better to do who probably need some kind of approval from their flock, want to make it an issue.

George Carlin explained it best.

I read about the SNL skit somewhere else & it described it well enough that I don't have to see it. It's typical of their material & no big deal. Besides, I don't watch SNL because I can't sit through 90 minutes of lame TV to see 4-1/2 to 5 minutes of something that might be funny.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

68X426

Quote from: twodko on March 02, 2015, 01:08:41 PM
I have no problem with it.

I saw it.  I saw about 10 times now.  It is brilliant. 

It is an awesome slap upside the head of Americans who do not take ISIS seriously.  The message is clear, the war is here and it's now.  Wake up America is what it's saying, using the blackest of humor to deliver that upside slap.  It is amazing humor that it comes from the most liberal of the Bolshevik Left, the SNL writers of NYC.  For once they delivered humor and a message. :2thumbs:

Otherwise the show sucked as usual.  It took 72 seconds to fast forward thru it, as usual.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

John_Kunkel

I think the outrage is about the worry that the skit will encourage young girls to join ISIS as though it were as normal as joining a sorority.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

stripedelete

It certainly fit the the Toyota commercial like a glove.

Imo, it was making fun of bad parenting.

ACUDANUT

ITSA426

It's SNL.  Not like it's journalism on the faux news network where we're expected to believe it's true.

Mike DC

The SNL skit was funny.  It didn't even seem to have much of a political slant IMO.

As for ISIS . . . Challenger Hellcats are gonna kill more Americans than they will.  

ISIS wants to outrage us.  They provoke our anger, our response (occupation) provokes their local people to resent us . . . and their recruitment & fundraising skyrockets.  Pissing off the USA is a great business model for groups like them. 

Mytur Binsdirti

That's the first mildly amusing thing to come out of SNL in a quarter century.

ACUDANUT

My favorite SNL skit was "Black Jeopardy".