News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Visit California Charger

Started by TexasStroker, February 28, 2015, 04:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

I figured this was posted already, but couldn't find it in the search...I was watching the Thunder @ Blazers tonight while eating supper and saw a "Visit California" commercial...

More importantly, it has a 2nd Gen Charger in it...I think it is a 69, but can't tell for sure (looks like the "I" trim after the explosion, but it might be that movie kart).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmkSUq_yDHI?t=11s

I can't embed the video, but just skip to about 10 seconds in...
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hawkeye

69, look at the door lock button.

Baldwinvette77

But the door lock knob is pretty far back?

VegasCharger

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on February 28, 2015, 08:19:22 AM
But the door lock knob is pretty far back?

That's what I thought also Baldwinvette, even at that angle :shruggy:

Ghoste

Didn't one of the other threads on this car have a a good enough view of the grille and marker light to show it as a 68?

hawkeye

You guys may be right, it does have the black button on the door handle.

Lennard

In my opinion it's a '69. The '68 lock rod is even more to the back.

fy469rtse

nah, weve done this one before guy's ,
68 , look at dash pad , flat large pointed in the middle , door lock knob , back where a 68 has it ,the add has screened here again , i was caught watching , i recorded it and did frame by frame slow mo , 68 bullit tribute car :2thumbs:

8WHEELER

With 68 type black door push button, but that is easy to change, flip a coin...

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bakerhillpins

Man looking at that door pic it sure looks like the lock rod is in the 69 position but it must be the angle on the door..  :scratchchin:

The black button isn't a guarantee, IIRC early 69s had the black buttons and the 68 shifter knob.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Drache

here
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Yeah my 69 has black buttons but that marker light on the front fender makes it seem more likely a 68.

Lennard

Ghoste

fy469rtse

Yes it was a hard one first time around fellas, too much shit in the way to see it clearly

VegasCharger

Quote from: Lennard on February 28, 2015, 01:34:38 PM
In my opinion it's a '69. The '68 lock rod is even more to the back.

and then this quote to follow

Quote from: Lennard on March 02, 2015, 12:39:47 PM
:2thumbs:  I stand corrected.

I am confused or was that sarcasm :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

bakerhillpins

Not sarcasm, probably confused.   :icon_smile_big:  The lock rod looks like it's in the 69 position but it's because of the angle that we are viewing the door at. Lennard felt it was a 69 door but then someone pointed out in a later pic that it has 68 marker lights. So he said he stands corrected.

It took me a few comparison pics of 68/9 doors and reviewing the view angle to feel comfortable it was a 68 door.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

VegasCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 03, 2015, 07:14:54 AM
Not sarcasm, probably confused.   :icon_smile_big:  The lock rod looks like it's in the 69 position but it's because of the angle that we are viewing the door at. Lennard felt it was a 69 door but then someone pointed out in a later pic that it has 68 marker lights. So he said he stands corrected.

It took me a few comparison pics of 68/9 doors and reviewing the view angle to feel comfortable it was a 68 door.

Yep I'm quilty of that by me opening up my driver's side door on my 68 trying to re-create that same angle. But I ran out of room stepping backwards in my garage (car nosed in) to capture that angle.

Dino

And then of course it could be a 69 door in a 68.  I have heard that stranger things have happened, but unfortunately do not have any evidence to back that up.  Can anyone see a repro vin decal or something so we can be absolutely sure what it is?   :stirthepot:    :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Lennard

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 03, 2015, 07:14:54 AM

You've got it ;)