News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 383 B 2bbl pictures (With carb, air filter, etc.) please

Started by venecharger, February 22, 2015, 12:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venecharger

Hi everyone!

My 1969 Dodge Charger S/E came with a 383 2bbl B engine. Some past owner upgraded it to a 4bbl carb and intake manifold. Since she has a 440 engine installed, and I´m going to restore the original 383 sitting beside her, I would like to have some pictures of the original 2bbl setup (Specially, correct air filter). Thanks in advance! Here´s the 4bbl part number someone installed years ago:

el dub

Hey, venecharger, welcome to the forum. I don't have pic of air filter. google is your friend on that. good luck.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

venecharger

Thank you very much el Dub! I´ll keep looking for the correct air filter image.  :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

I didn't see any 2 bbl on here, but maybe they would have a  picture they could send if you sent an email.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

venecharger

venecharger

Thanks XH! I was having issues uploading images. That´s a 2bbl air filter from a dealer´s 1969 Charger catalog, but I´m not sure if it´s accurate.

venecharger

1969 383 Air Cleaners:

Two bbl part #2946156 single snorkel
Four bbl part #2946159 dual snorkel