News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopars in the Park, Farmington

Started by E5 Charger, February 15, 2015, 11:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

I'm thinking of going to the show in Farmington this year. I have never been before. How many 3rd Gens can I expect to see? How large is the swap meet and are there vendors with new parts?

Mike DC

There's more than one town of Farmington in the USA.  You might wanna elaborate.

Charger-Bodie

I may be wrong,but I'm going to guess Farminton Minnesota.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

72Charger-SE

I attended Mopars in the Park last year in Farmington, MN and will again this year.   :2thumbs: The vendor rows started with A - and ended at P (or something around there).  Each row averaged 20+ vendors with very good prices on many items.  I found several great deals and look forward to doing the same again.  There were not a large number of 3rd Gens there but a great variety of all models was represented.  It was a great time that my good friend Paul and I will be doing again this year.   'MAYBE'... we will bring my 3rd Gen... highly unlikely... but perhaps..??  If not we will bring his '68 Coronet R/T Clone'.   The rains came and ended the program about the time the burnout competition really got going.  Oh well...  It cooled it off since it was a little hot before the rains...  I went out during the rain and grabbed a few more 'deals' I had scoped out earlier and saved $ as most people had left the area.  I am certain you will have a great time.  It was worth the drive, IMO.  Parking was close by so we could easily carry our loot to my truck and go back for more.  :)

69CoronetRT

I've been just about every year since they moved to the Dakota Country fair grounds.

It's a very well run show.
Parking is spacious and close (But don't try and get in too early. Spectator gates do not open until 8:30. They usually have 2-3 lines for entry so it moves pretty fast but you can sit in line for a while.)

Swap meet is around 300 spaces. Depending on weather, most are full. At first it was mostly small vendors but larger multi space name parts vendors and restoration shops have started coming. It takes me about 2 hours to get through swap meet and I don't really look for parts.

The number of cars from all around the upper Midwest region and Canada make it worth the trip. I'm seeing more and more cars from further away each year. There are the usual cars but enough new cars every year to keep it interesting.

Again, depending on weather, the car count keeps going up. It's gotten to the point that I know I cannot see all of the cars in two days.

The special displays are fantastic as well as the number of personalities that show up. (Lilly, Vanke, Sox and Martin Family and crews, Leal).

I've heard it described as a mini-Carlisle and I think that description is pretty accurate. There is enough to see and do for everyone yet the facility is smaller and manageable for a two day show. The car count is very good for the region. The quality and variety of cars is good. If it gets hot, there is shade. If it rains, and that happens, there are places to go to stay dry. The core items like the swap meet, food and bathrooms are in the center of the grounds so you don't have to walk forever to get to what you need. The classes are well designated an laid out.

My only complaint about the show is a lack of variety in food choices. There are the usual snacky type things like mini donuts, snow cones and carnival vendor foods but not a lot of choice for burgers, hot sandwich combo meals and things like that. At Carlisle or larger shows, you can get a full breakfast or sit down meal.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

71_Charger_R/T

I'll be there with my 3rd gen.   Always a good show, Rain or shine!  :Twocents:

EccentricMagpies

I've considered going for the past 3 years but the weather wasn't the best. 
Id bring my 3rd gen for sure. 
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

E5 Charger

Didn't realize there was more than one Farmington. Yes, the one in Minnesota. Sounds like a lot of fun, and larger than I thought it would be. Thanks for the comments.

72Charger-SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 16, 2015, 08:20:59 AM
I may be wrong,but I'm going to guess Farminton Minnesota.

Brian, are you bringing your HEMI car to Farmington, MN?

Charger-Bodie

IDK. ive only shown there once and it rained the whole time. I like going there ,but im not a huge fan of cleaning my car for the next 2 weeks.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

72Charger-SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 16, 2015, 03:46:58 PM
IDK. ive only shown there once and it rained the whole time. I like going there ,but im not a huge fan of cleaning my car for the next 2 weeks.

Yeah...  I don't think that would be much fun...  I will pray that the LORD will provide a wonderfully sunny weekend with a slight breeze and 84 degrees...  ;)

tipopiola

I go every year.  I enjoyed it when it was right on the race track at Raceway Park in Shakopee, but I think that the Farmington venue definitely has way more room, which was lacking when it was at Raceway Park.  For as long as I can remember, there has always been one day of the weekend that is hot as hell and the other day usually gets tons of rain.  At least in Farmington there are trees everywhere so you can find shade if you want.  And if it happens to rain a ton on one of the days, that usually just means that the prices in the swap meet get a lot better! 

ITSA426

I'll be there again.  Always a good time.

1973rallye

It's my plan to drive my 73, 340 Rallye to the show this year.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

dodgepaul1969

I've been 5-6 years now great show with a great swap. usually 1200-1600 cars. Rainy the last 2 years, sunshine the years before that. To many cars to see them all if you want to spend much time in the swap. I usually spend all day Saturday in the swap. always find something or somethings worth bringing home. Never seen a shortage of 3rd gens there, we bring ours. 
1970 4-spd Superbird, '69 Charger 500 Daytona clone,2015 Hellcat 6-spd B-5 Blue,1968 572 Hemi Charger,70 GTX 535 6-pac 4 spd,69 GTX 440 4-spd Super Trac Pac Car,70 Coronet 500 "bee clone",70 383 4-spd Road Runner, 1973 383 Barracuda, and a couple Cummins and old school power wagons. All Mopar land over this a way

8WHEELER

Wow, 1200-1600 cars, Last time I was there in 91, we flew into the tiny airport, and picked up my new modified handicapped van. It
must have grown like a weed since then. We were there in June, perfect weather..........

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

1974dodgecharger

Farmington, Florida has 1500 3rd gen chargers 500 are daily drivers the other 1k are trailer queens

dodgepaul1969

That's the total I was told. I thought I heard 1700 one year. I think in 2012 they had 226 or 236 new challengers alone trying to break a Guinness record, the record for the most of one model of car in one place at one time is 249 or something like that, they were close. Last year with the rain I think I heard the # was around 1400. Someone know exact #'s? It's a nice show
1970 4-spd Superbird, '69 Charger 500 Daytona clone,2015 Hellcat 6-spd B-5 Blue,1968 572 Hemi Charger,70 GTX 535 6-pac 4 spd,69 GTX 440 4-spd Super Trac Pac Car,70 Coronet 500 "bee clone",70 383 4-spd Road Runner, 1973 383 Barracuda, and a couple Cummins and old school power wagons. All Mopar land over this a way

GPULLER

Great show!  Plan on being there again this year.  Last couple years it has rained but still gets a great turn out.  My car isn't a show car but still pre register for the non judged class.  That way you can park right in the show, otherwise its a long walk from the free lot.

Here are the pics I have from past years.  

2012 Charger was the feature car.
http://s75.photobucket.com/user/GPULLER/slideshow/Mopars%202012?sort=3

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/GPULLER/slideshow/mopars%2009?sort=3