News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going rate for first gens?

Started by Drache, February 15, 2015, 08:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

QuoteIn mint condition 1966 Dodge Charger, 383 cu. in.V-8, 727 automatic trans. Correct numbers. New tachometer drive, headlight motors, and battery. 62,000 original miles. Creamy white with blue interior. Collector plates and insurance. Beautiful and original.

$24,000 CDN (approx $19,278 USD)

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

chargerperson

Quote from: Drache on February 15, 2015, 08:05:12 PM
QuoteIn mint condition 1966 Dodge Charger, 383 cu. in.V-8, 727 automatic trans. Correct numbers. New tachometer drive, headlight motors, and battery. 62,000 original miles. Creamy white with blue interior. Collector plates and insurance. Beautiful and original.

$24,000 CDN (approx $19,278 USD)

Hard to tell as there are not a lot of them sold that are original, numbers matching like this one.  Decent drivers can be purchased for as low as $12-$15K so price seems reasonable but suspect it might not sell immediately as there isn't a lot of interest unless just the right buyer appears. Though not at 2nd generation pace, the prices are coming up a bit on first gens. I own a 67 which is being restored/restomod'ed

A383Wing

that battery hold down must have cost a fortune to raise the price that much

VegasCharger

Quote from: A383Wing on February 15, 2015, 09:04:38 PM

An adjustable one at that. The battery hold down bungee strap with the added knot to shorten the length.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: A383Wing on February 15, 2015, 09:04:38 PM

lmao, good catch  :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Why do you ask Drache, are you buying it possibly?

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on February 16, 2015, 08:41:51 AM
Why do you ask Drache, are you buying it possibly?

A friend was thinking about it. The old guy that owns this Charger (as well as a Chevelle) states he's moving and needs to get rid of them. He's being pretty stubborn on his prices though.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

He may end up moving the cars to his new place as well then, thats strong money for a 383 1st gen.  Given their popularity and his price your friend is likely safe to wait him out a bit.

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on February 16, 2015, 09:43:05 AM
He may end up moving the cars to his new place as well then, thats strong money for a 383 1st gen.  Given their popularity and his price your friend is likely safe to wait him out a bit.

Yeah he did that. The supposed deadline to get rid of the cars was February 1st.

I think he's just blowing smoke.

Sadly I know where there is a '66 Charger "survivor". 383, red with white interior, but the paint is chipped to hell due to the original owner driving it on gravel roads back in the 70s and 80s. Owner wants $30,000 for it though :(
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

ACUDANUT

I could have bought a 1967 Charger with a Hemi for 10K, back in 1994.  Mopar Nationals Indy. Indiana.

Ghoste

I sold my 67 last spring for 8k.  Other end of spectrum though, not numbers matching and crusty under vinyl.  However it was a factory vinyl top car and factory disc brakes.  Interior redone, new electrical and everything sorted mechanically.  People want new shiny paint though.  It was a fair price for my car.  We sold a 383 1st gen in the fall for about twice that and it was not a bad looking car.  Get to that 25 and 30 thousand mark and I just don't know.  :shruggy: