News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2004 5.7l

Started by wayne7275, February 12, 2015, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne7275

Hi All,

I need some advice and opinions.  I'm building a 1968 Charger and found a 2004 5.7l Hemi to put in it.  I'm getting the motor pretty cheap from a salvage yard.  I'm planning on a pretty serious build, 500-550 hp at the crank.  The problem is, most places I've been looking for parts list them for 2005 and newer Hemis.  Is there a big differance between them, I thought the first generation 5.7l were all pretty much the same.  For example, the Edelbrock supercharger is listed for the 2005-2010.  Before I put down any cash I'd like to know if it's worth getting.

Thanks in advance.

Kern Dog

Many times, aftermarket power-adders are built and certified to specific year model engines due to the need to remain emission compliant. They may fit a broader range of years though.
The 2003-2005 versions did not have MDS. The MDS began in 2006 I believe. This does affect the computer and wiring, so it might make sense if the supercharger kits are intended to be used on these engines while in stock vehicles. If you are putting a SC on the engine for use in a classic car, all of this may make no difference.