News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winter "break"

Started by lloyd3, January 28, 2015, 09:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Unseasonably warm here. Not completely unusual, but much nicer than normal. It was a rather shocking 74-degrees F yesterday and my little guy wanted to do something fun after school. His homework was done, and he'd been fairly brave at the doctor's office on the way home (had to get a somewhat painful tetanus booster). At first I said no, but the weather was affecting even me and the roads are dry and clean.  If there had been any struggle to do it, I'd have probably only made a half-hearted effort, but after sitting for almost 90-days (and I didn't even stabilize the fuel this year) it took right off (had to prime the carb with a little shot of gas, but that's pretty standard anymore as the carb won't hold gas very long; the pivots are worn).  Rolled it back just far-enough to have the exhaust clear the garage (and where I could push it back in if it didn't start), poured a dollop of fuel in the primaries, cinched the air-cleaner back on and turned the key.  At little rough at first, and with a mild puff of smoke, but it smoothed out and idled nicely within only a few seconds.  Not bad for old points and plugs, eh?  We took a short ride and parked it at the local dog-park so the pooch could get a little exercise too.  We came home in the dark.  These little mid-winter breaks are pretty nice. My brother in New Hampshire just got something like 2 1/2 feet of snow.  He grumbles a bit when I tell him this stuff.

twodko

A bit he grumbles?

Truly "global warming" weather here in northern PRK as well........74!

I will be out this weekend in my BB hydrocarbon terrorist Charger

to offend the tender sensibilities of every ultralib Prious driver I can find.

I like it.  :D
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

lloyd3

Twodko:  Funny!  I actually had a Prius driver tell me that my car was "a one-car environmental disaster".  I was baiting him a bit by thanking him for doing his part to save gas so I could drive my no-smog equipment, 6-mpg ride.

Ghoste

I would have asked him how many people died next to the lithium mine where his own environmental disaster came from and what he intended to do with those batteries when they expired.

twodko

Quote from: Ghoste on January 29, 2015, 10:20:28 AM
I would have asked him how many people died next to the lithium mine where his own environmental disaster came from and what he intended to do with those batteries when they expired.
p

That's the gospel Ghoste! Most of the batt components in a Pious
battery are not yet recyclable but the ultralibs are sure it's untrue.

Just ask them.........everything they think is right and correct.  ::)

keith88

Must be nice I just got 2 feet of snow the day before yesterday and it was -8 this morning on the way to work. :shruggy: and i have all this stuff I want to do and cant until the weather breaks  :flame:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Mike DC

"How many square feet is your climate-controlled house?" 

"How many times do you eat beef per month?"

Environmental damage comes in many forms.   

lloyd3

Twodko:  "Pious" is the effective term here. How classic! I'll never call one a Prius again.

twodko

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 29, 2015, 02:23:40 PM

Exactly Mike and not a single creature on earth is exempt from it.  Every living thing alters the environment in some way and that way can be viewed as a natural or an "environmentalist's" worst nightmare.  If you were a sentient plant, you'd be all over carbon dioxide and warm temps with no thought as to how it might affect other living things or even yourself in the long term.

Ghoste

Oh, and the answer to both house size and beef eating is,  not enough.  :D :2thumbs: ;)

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Ghoste on January 30, 2015, 08:48:43 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 29, 2015, 02:23:40 PM

Exactly and not a single creature on earth is exempt from it.  Every living thing alters the environment in some way and that way can be viewed as a natural or a liberals worst nightmare.  If you were a sentient plant, you'd be all over carbon dioxide and warm temps with no thought as to how it might affect other living things or even yourself in the long term.

Agree on all points.

About the only useful thing I get out of the enviro-masochists.....is the concept of total footprint. Something 99.9 % of them, don't get.

If they did.....there would not be such a thing as a Pious/Prius. Or Volt.

And.....if the folks bringing you a big "climate change" summit meeting really believed in man causing climate change.......would there be over 2000 private planes there?