News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone

Started by hollywood1336, January 21, 2015, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood1336

I'm considering building a Daytona clone except as more of a restomod, keep the exterior as close to original looking as possible and moderize the interior, suspension and engine. Does anyone have an opinion on the Daytona parts and quality of the parts ShowCarsRob provides out of Ontario, Canada.
Thanks,

A383Wing

his parts are junk...stay away from him....

daytonalo

A Dyslectic chimp has the ability above and beyond to make nicer fitting parts !!   :icon_smile_big:

Hemi Runner

DonC1 and Dane will be the best sources for parts. I know Gene Gregory was making a bunch of them as well. He's somewhat local to me.

WINGMAN

FYI  Gene Gregory is out of business and has for sometime.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Hemi Runner

Quote from: WINGMAN on January 21, 2015, 09:35:48 PM
  FYI  Gene Gregory is out of business and has for sometime.

It must have been somewhat recent as I bought my bird nose from him about 2yrs ago. He still had A LOT of inventory laying around.

farm966

Show car parts are junk...I bought a bird kit from him..It took forever, months longer than promised, and when my body guy saw the parts he immediately changed his quote he had given me as he had to spend hours and hours to work on every piece. Not just a little final sanding or prep work either which is to be expected, but a lot of rework. I would use Stinger or Janak if you are going glass... :Twocents:

daytonalo

Not sure how many Daytona's you've built , but stinger parts are a semi disaster . Yes the are cheap but far from proper fitment . I have bought a kit and worked on a few and not impressed

A383Wing

Janak's parts were junk back in the 90's when I bought mine....had a lot of re-work into them..not sure if his quality is any better today or not

BigBlockSam

stinger nose is good but everything else sucks  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

The headlight doors are warped and take many hours of re-work to make them fit . Also the nose to side fenders contour is far correct. Maybe I'm too picky but it is what is

BigBlockSam

here you go cupcake. this is the first  fit of the stinger nose . not bad for $475.00 that i paid for it . with alittle work we matched the contours perfectly.  yes you are to picky . your a perfectionist , i've seen your work  but i've yet to see a daytona that you finished :slap: :slap: :slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

Look at the top of nose to fender / hood , not even close
Sold it for 24 k in primer no drivetrain . I have another starting soon.  Still luv ya though !!

BigBlockSam

thats the pic man. i'm telling you . it fit good . i was surprised too . ask Dane about stinger noses :cheers:

daytonalo

Looks great from my house  :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

QuoteSold it for 24 k in primer no drivetrain

there's a sucker born every minute. did you kiss him , i like to get kissed when i get f^^ked.

why don't you get in your daytona and i'll get in mine and we'll race . oh, you don't have a daytona . what a shame   :slap:

moparstuart

please take a bat to him rene
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

Once was enough !!! I still have a restraining order against him !!

BigBlockSam

Larry is my friend thats why i mess with him . he's a good man and makes excellent parts.  us Jersey boys gotta stick together  :cheers: :cheers:

DonC1

Any idea what shipping company Showcars uses?

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Daytona Guy

Any nose will need work. I found that they all needed work and reconstruction but to me that just goes with the territory. I like my noses to fit well so I have to rework them anyway to match the fenders, hood and the valance. The noses need to be long boarded to get them straight. The noses are glass and easy to work with. Just be happy someone is making them and enjoy to process. :) stinger makes a good base core.

Dane

hotrod98

Basically, Janek's stuff is the best stuff for the money. The problem is, certain parts need to be made of steel instead of fiberglass. You need to mix and match from various vendors to get the best results with your build. I've collected parts to build another Daytona clone that will be similar to the Fast & Furious Daytona. I bought one of Dane's hollow wings and a custom made steel nose. I have a 426 crate engine with a dual quad FAST EFI setup. Good luck with your build and don't give up.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 01, 2015, 01:44:06 AM
Basically, Janek's stuff is the best stuff for the money. The problem is, certain parts need to be made of steel instead of fiberglass. You need to mix and match from various vendors to get the best results with your build. I've collected parts to build another Daytona clone that will be similar to the Fast & Furious Daytona. I bought one of Dane's hollow wings and a custom made steel nose. I have a 426 crate engine with a dual quad FAST EFI setup. Good luck with your build and don't give up.

lmao, what you just wrote was so poetic for some reason, lol.....

70 sublime

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 01, 2015, 01:44:06 AM

Hey Hotrod I tried to send you a pm but it says your inbox is full tried to ask where you got your steel nose cone from  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green