News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will it fit under stock 69 hood?

Started by comet_666, January 04, 2015, 10:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Edelbrock victor 440 heads and a victor intake.
If not could I use another intake and port match?

Challenger340

Quote from: comet_666 on January 04, 2015, 10:02:58 AM

In a word.... NO
Victors are nice on BIG Engines and well justified to unlocking power on Strokers.... but the trade-offs begin with Hood clearance ?

The Holley Street Dominator Intake is about the only one I suspect "fits" easy, albeit placing a "cork" with Victors ?

I will assume this question is regarding your Engine Build research ?
Good for you  :2thumbs:
Keep up the information/knowledge stream !

When you are all said and done....
wouldn't hurt to go read here, http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,106687.0.html

as it relates to WHY we built these for a few Customers(NOT our normal line).
* Cheap
* Easy
* Drop-in with no changes to the Car to support them, Rad ? Fuel System ? Frame Connectors ? 8 3/4" Diff upgrades ? they work with the least amount of extended work required to the car itself...... something 'Stroker' builds WILL require.
* NO maintenance, easy to tune
* still very "respectable" with 545 HP and 562 Ft/Lbs using a $149 Dollar 284H Cam
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BSB67

Quote from: comet_666 on January 04, 2015, 10:02:58 AM

The Mopar 337 might work.  Probably close and a little creativity with the air cleaner.  Ron probably knows for sure.  This would be the only intake that could reasonable support some of the extra power potential of the Victors and maybe fit under the hood.

You'll need to figure how to seal the end rails, or you can mill off the pan.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

firefighter3931

The Victor heads have a raised port which complicates things....significantly. That coupled with the super victor manifold will make hood clearance impossible....unless you want a hood scoop.  :P

The Indy EZ heads have lower intake ports than the Victors. With the ICH heads you can go with the standard port version and use the Holley street dominator, Performer RPM or Indy dual plane.

The EZ heads can make some real power when you open the intake ports to max-wedge. At this point you can use the Mopar #337 intake manifold which is a low rise single plane intake or the Indy dual plane... port matched to max wedge sizing. Both of these options will clear a stock hood with drop base air cleaner assembly.

My stroker has a set of the EZ 295's with the MP 337 intake manifold....using a 14x3 drop base  :yesnod:

Personally, I would avoid the Victors....too many headaches & quirks.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs