News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picked up this Runner today

Started by hatersaurusrex, January 01, 2015, 10:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

383/727 post car.  Don't hate me if I switch to Plymouth for a moment just to enjoy this car.

20150101_152302 by tecmotimes, on Flickr

20150101_161611 by tecmotimes, on Flickr

20150101_173648 by tecmotimes, on Flickr

20150101_152302 by tecmotimes, on Flickr
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

rt green

nice. love these cars. looks like my GTX. hope you got a good deal on it. doesn't look rusty. title?  future plans? when does it arrive in my driveway?  you know the drill.
third string oil changer

hatersaurusrex

Amazingly the floor pans are perfect.  Frame rails solid too.  The only real rust is in the rear quarter as seen in the photos.

Plans are to give it to my brother for his birthday :)

Ghoste

I was talking to your brother, he said you should give it to me.  :D

F8-4life

Nice find on a solid RR. Don't stare at it too long or you might want to keep it.

68X426

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on January 01, 2015, 10:49:00 PM
Don't hate me if I switch to Plymouth for a moment just to enjoy this car.

There's a few of us Road Runner outlaws hanging back in the shadows of the forum. 

Glad you have joined us on the dark side.   :naughty:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

polywideblock

looks like a good score    :2thumbs: 

Plymouths aren't the "dark" side there just the "other" side  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Bob T

Cool, good score.
Just screams A12 clone to me....
Ghoste was being a bit hasty, I'm sure that car needs to come down to NZ for its next stage of life  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

hatersaurusrex

Delivered it to my bro yesterday.  He had no idea I was coming up to bring him a car, I had only told him on the phone I had an early birthday present for him and and that 'It's Mopar related, you're going to like it, and I know you don't already have one'.

He has a long driveway with a portion that can't be seen from the house, so I parked it short and tarped it, then walked down to his house.   It was very muddy, so I told him I got stuck out by the road and needed him to walk up and see if he could use his tractor to pull me out.   As we were walking up the hill I asked him what he planned to work on when we were done with my Charger and he said 'I don't know, probably work on my Duster...'  As we got closer to the truck I said 'What if you had something else to work on instead?  There might be something behind my truck for you'

He got a funny look on his face and asked 'What is it?' and I said 'You'll have to pull the tarp off to see'  He ran his hands over the tarp and the look on his face was priceless - then he goes 'Oh man, I think I know what this is' and we pulled the tarp off - he was speechless for several seconds and then just said 'Woowww man'

Needless to say, it was a great day :)

jaak

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on January 04, 2015, 02:14:36 PM
Delivered it to my bro yesterday.  He had no idea I was coming up to bring him a car, I had only told him on the phone I had an early birthday present for him and and that 'It's Mopar related, you're going to like it, and I know you don't already have one'.

He has a long driveway with a portion that can't be seen from the house, so I parked it short and tarped it, then walked down to his house.   It was very muddy, so I told him I got stuck out by the road and needed him to walk up and see if he could use his tractor to pull me out.   As we were walking up the hill I asked him what he planned to work on when we were done with my Charger and he said 'I don't know, probably work on my Duster...'  As we got closer to the truck I said 'What if you had something else to work on instead?  There might be something behind my truck for you'

He got a funny look on his face and asked 'What is it?' and I said 'You'll have to pull the tarp off to see'  He ran his hands over the tarp and the look on his face was priceless - then he goes 'Oh man, I think I know what this is' and we pulled the tarp off - he was speechless for several seconds and then just said 'Woowww man'

Needless to say, it was a great day :)

That is AWESOME! Great story. BTW, nothing wrong with owning a Plymouth, in fact I want one, I have had several Mopars, but they have all been Dodges, my next project will be a Plymouth (I have always wanted a 67-69 Barracuda).

Jason

nvrbdn

great way to do it. sounds like he was surprised. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hemi68charger

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on January 01, 2015, 10:49:00 PM
383/727 post car.  Don't hate me if I switch to Plymouth for a moment just to enjoy this car.

Nuthin' wrong with that........ Road Runners are cool. I once had a real nice B5 on white bench column auto car... It was a cream puff, one of the best Mopars I've owned....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Quote from: Bob T on January 03, 2015, 05:39:50 AM
Cool, good score.
Just screams A12 clone to me....
Ghoste was being a bit hasty, I'm sure that car needs to come down to NZ for its next stage of life  :icon_smile_big:

No, no, not at all.  I barely don't even really want it a lot, I was just relating what was suggested. :lol:

RIDELIKEHELL

:coolgleamA: I like it! Steelies will look good..you keeping them
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

VegasCharger

rt green

what a cool brother you are. that was something he'll never forget. I better check down the family tree and see if we are related. just to be sure.
third string oil changer

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: rt green on January 06, 2015, 10:07:40 PM
what a cool brother you are. that was something he'll never forget. I better check down the family tree and see if we are related. just to be sure.

Thanks.  Me and my bro have always been tight - and there's a story there too :)  

He had major heart surgery a few years back and was out of work for months. His insurance company was jacking him around so I gave him the money to get his family through until he could get back to work.   I never expected or asked to be paid back - family is family.  I bought my '68 the following year and it needed a TOTAL resto, but I was living in a condo in Florida and had nowhere to put it.  I asked him if he could just store it in his barn for me till I moved back home and buy a place with a garage, and he said 'Give me some time and I'll restore it for you to pay you back'.  I didn't object - it seemed like Karma was doing it's thing :)

Fast forward a year or so, and every time I go up to check out the car and hang out, I can't help but notice the the amount of work and detail he's putting into it.  He's building it to be perfect, not just slapping some filler on and calling it a day.   I also found a race Hemi in a barn a couple months ago and without hesitation he offered to rebuild that and put it in the car - just because he wanted to.  That's when I realized that the amount of work he was going to put in would probably wind up being easily worth 5x the money I gave him.  Just offering more money seemed a bit tacky and disingenuous to me.  Also I'd feel like an ass if he spent years helping build my dream car and then when it was done I just drove off with it after he put so much into it.   I started thinking of ways to add more value to his end.

So I casually asked him if he could have one Mopar, what would it be?   He told me it was a 69 Runner and I started looking.   He has several complete drivelines and tons of extra seats (in fact I already told him he could have the 383HP from my Charger), etc so I was looking for a car that was just a shell with good bones.  This one popped up on CL a couple weeks ago for a decent price and I went up and bought it on New Year's, then surprised him on Saturday.

A family that Mopars together stays together :)

69DAYTONASE

68 & 69 road runners are cool, nice bday present for your bro!  :2thumbs:
"My other car is a farm tractor"

Ghoste

Thats cool.  So is he gonna join us here?

remta1

Cool story, very inspiring the way you are looking after family :cheers:

Bob T

Good story HSR, nice to put something tangible back in the tin not just fun coupons which just get spent and are gone...
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

rt green

third string oil changer

twodko

Good on ya man!

A vintage Mopar is well within the limits of our
communal addiction.  :smilielol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!