News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro 68 and 69 Grills In Stock, Classic Industries

Started by chargerbr549, December 22, 2014, 11:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerbr549

It looks like the 68's are now available as well as the 69's are back in stock. Merry Christmas!

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

twodko

That is great news but beware. Classic Industrie is
notorious for advertising parts they don't have in stock.
They may very well have a contract with Chinese et al
manufacturers but once you buy something you're
told "it's on back order". Meanwhile they have your
money.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

myk

Not sure I understand why someone would want the grilles with "out" the headlamp door brackets?

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

JamieZ

There's an option to get it without them.  Just like there is an option to get them unpainted (black versus sliver).

I put in an order for a 68 grille.  Mine is in good shape after I repaired it...but I'd love to have a spare.

myk

Quote from: JamieZ on December 22, 2014, 05:54:03 PM
There's an option to get it without them.  Just like there is an option to get them unpainted (black versus sliver).

I put in an order for a 68 grille.  Mine is in good shape after I repaired it...but I'd love to have a spare.

Hmm....I've always wanted a black '68 grille too...

JamieZ

Quote from: myk on December 22, 2014, 08:59:35 PM
Hmm....I've always wanted a black '68 grille too...

I think black is not just the grille work but also the outer edge as well.  Not sure how that would actually look.

Ghoste

I thought someone on here had done that, or maybe it was one of those Steve Strope things?

Cooter

C.I. likes to test the waters to sell a bunch before actually making em. Been waiting on Wolfson dash for cousins Camaro for over three years.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Three years?  They must not have been a big hit?

bill440rt

Quote from: myk on December 22, 2014, 03:45:45 PM
Not sure I understand why someone would want the grilles with "out" the headlamp door brackets?

That person might have a busted up grille but their brackets are still good.
Remove from the old, install on the new.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

MxRacer855

This is so badass! I've wondered about this for a long time! I had no idea that they repopped these things!   :2thumbs:

Thanks for posting!  :yesnod: :cheers:

Ghoste

It's very recent so you have a good excuse for not knowing.

MxRacer855

That's definitely a cool item to make. It's something that I'm sure a lot of people need! I CANNOT begin to say how much plastic welder I've seen on Charger grilles at shows!   :lol:

Supercharged Riot

I went ahead and pre-ordered and took advantage of the discount.
I figured I would get one anyway.
Hopefully they will produce more before my pre-order expires (90 days and counting).

1970Moparmann

Quote from: bill440rt on December 23, 2014, 06:06:58 PM
Quote from: myk on December 22, 2014, 03:45:45 PM

That person might have a busted up grille but their brackets are still good.
Remove from the old, install on the new.

That would be me!   Good news! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mopar Nut

You can get a 25% off now, use code HWB14 until tonight.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

JamieZ

Classic just sent me an email this week saying that the 68 grille I backordered is now available. They gave me the option to cancel my original order or put it through.  I chose to go through with it.  I'll post when it does appear

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

Yeah, but, on their site they show the 69 grill picture and call it a 68  :shruggy:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JamieZ

Grille showed up today:

It was packed pretty well:

Took it out of the box and mocked it up:

Looks very good.  Plastic has a different more....resin feel than the original but it feels pretty solid, not flimsy.  One of the headlight buckets has a little droop but I think if it was mounted it would be fine.  I would definitely use it if my car was missing a grille or if it was damaged.

I fixed mine up about a year ago, so for me this was a spare, so I packed it all up and put it in the attic.  At least now I have a spare.

Mopar Nut

freddyd02

The droop on the driver side headlight looks pretty severe. I doubt you'd be able to attach the chrome trim piece? Does it flex back into position? Maybe cut a piece of Styrofoam and wedge it there so it pushes the piece back into shape while its sitting in your attic. Otherwise looks like a great product!

:Twocents:

JamieZ

It flexes pretty easy. The center of it is right at the mounting point so I think that would lock it into place. A bit of heat would probably help too.