News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torque of transmission mout

Started by 1974dodgecharger, December 11, 2014, 12:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Does anyone know the torque setting for the 3 bolts of the transmission mount rubber piece in a A833? Specifically the little bolt.

fy469rtse

John kunkel will confirm ,
He dreams about these specs in his sleep
But I would think 30 to 40 foot pounds , use some lock tight on threads for piece of mind

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on December 11, 2014, 06:05:39 AM
John kunkel will confirm ,
He dreams about these specs in his sleep
But I would think 30 to 40 foot pounds , use some lock tight on threads for piece of mind

Thx...will double check mine....i had that little bolt show 2 threads i think that was not tight enough i have a tranmisson vibration at 80mph......

fy469rtse

thats not the mount doing that ,
but good to eliminate all poosible causes,
next rebalance the wheels , check tyres
look at universal joints , and balance of tail shaft,
search the threads on here as this is not the first time members on hear and what was wrong  ? what they found to fix

Cooter

Broken tailshafts/housings come from druveshaft out of balance, bad U joints, worn/missing bushing in tailshafts, etc.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Looks like i didnt crank down the middle nut enough.  I tightened to roughly 25ft lbs and this time there was hard any wiggle on the tail.  Before with 2 threads i was able to wiggle that tail pretty good.

Test drove to 80 and no shakes in transmission only in hurst handle because i have steel bushings.  Might tighten it to 30 or 35ft lbs if i ever found out true torque.