News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 round marker lights

Started by thereverend, December 06, 2014, 06:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Quote from: bull on December 09, 2014, 09:49:05 PM
I'm a firm believer in the notion of leaving the cars alone, especially when it comes to body design. If someone does not like something about a 68 compared to a 69 or 66 or 70, whatever, fine, leave it alone. If you want your 68 to look like a 69 sell it to someone who likes 68s and buy a 69. If you want your Dodge to look like a Ford, sell your Dodge and buy a Ford. Easy.
AMEN to that BULL :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: 69wannabe on December 09, 2014, 07:15:34 PM
Thats correct, no reverse lights for several years and hardly anyone noticed. The taillights and grille are the biggest identifier's for most people that don't know all the real details between the two year models. They work now tho....  ;D
Thanks for the clarity :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

fy469rtse

Dino,
i did mine , when lights are on , leds functioning led tailights , just beautiful, love the side marker lights
hated that they were just reflectors
went to a lot of trouble to put mine in , see if you can tell  what model chrysler product i used , very close in appearance to the chargers size shape, although i think the sides lack a bit of bling , so chrome plated the bezels,
will post some photos soon and update my thread     

69wannabe

Quote from: bull on December 09, 2014, 09:49:05 PM
I'm a firm believer in the notion of leaving the cars alone, especially when it comes to body design. If someone does not like something about a 68 compared to a 69 or 66 or 70, whatever, fine, leave it alone. If you want your 68 to look like a 69 sell it to someone who likes 68s and buy a 69. If you want your Dodge to look like a Ford, sell your Dodge and buy a Ford. Easy.

Not necessarily that easy, I was looking for a 69 when I ran across my 68. Even in the late 90's a running and driving 69 charger was very hard to come up with for a decent price. I bought my charger at a deal but it still was in need of work even though it was a running and driving car. A standard charger/non R/T with nothing matching under the hood and the tranny wasn't matching either. When I bought it I had every intention of making it what I wanted it to be and with the deal I got it for and all the work it took and parts I still got less in it than trying to come up with a 69 that is as good as what I got now. I'm very happy with the car now and pleased with how the conversion turned out. :yesnod: If it was all matching number or an R/T I would not have done the conversion on it but it wasn't.

bull

Nobody said it was easy. I searched for at least a year before I bought my car and I almost bought a 69 before that. Not easy but it happens all the time.

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on December 10, 2014, 11:34:21 PM
Nobody said it was easy. I searched for at least a year before I bought my car and I almost bought a 69 before that. Not easy but it happens all the time.

A 69   :rotz: :rotz:  but there would be no side marker lights   :shruggy:

:stirthepot:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

I'm glad it didn't work out. The seller pulled the rug out from under me but it worked out for the best.

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

69wannabe

Quote from: bull on December 10, 2014, 11:34:21 PM

Bull, I noticed that your 68 is 1 of 74. You still have the 2 barrel on your 383 4 speed?? Mine was also a 68 383 4 -speed with a 2 barrel carb. Like I said it had the wrong year 383 and non matching tranny and bellhousing. I tossed the 2 barrel carb as soon as I got it home, had to have a 4 barrel carb with the 4-speed!! Like I said before if it was a matching number car I would have kept it a 68 but it wasn't so it is what it is now...