News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

Amazing work!  :2thumbs:  Your build threads always inspire me to get off my ass and out in the garage.  :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 22, 2015, 05:09:45 PM
Amazing work!  :2thumbs:  Your build threads always inspire me to get off my ass and out in the garage.  :lol:

Thanks Man!

Ok. this update will be even more boring than the last,because it wont look much different.

I blocked out the deck lid,dutchman panel and hood and finish primed them.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparnation74

bill440rt

Your talent & work ethic is utterly amazing, Brian.  :2thumbs:

Truly impressive how fast & skillful you can whip these cars into shape. I look forward to your progress pics for sure.  :yesnod:
BTW, yep those panels sure look straight covered in that wet primer!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bill440rt on January 22, 2015, 08:24:15 PM
Your talent & work ethic is utterly amazing, Brian.  :2thumbs:

Truly impressive how fast & skillful you can whip these cars into shape. I look forward to your progress pics for sure.  :yesnod:
BTW, yep those panels sure look straight covered in that wet primer!  :cheers:

Thanks Bill. I truly do love these cars.

Got the quarters and fenders blocked out today. After Seth goes to bed ill go back down to the shop and shoot some primer on them,and that will be it. All in final primer.

Go back to normal work next week. But, sometime soon I will block out the roof and spray it black. Since it gets a vinyl top I'll just do that separate. Also need to prep and paint in the trunk too. Then it will be time to block it one more time and shoot some f8 green! I'm very happy with how it's progressing.

I will post some pics after I go back down to prime.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

Well, Hell week is over. Charger is in final prime. blocked out great and should be a really easy final block.

72Charger-SE

:o

Wow!  Great work Brian...  Your professionalism is outstanding!   :2thumbs:  I only WISH I had 1% of your ability and knowledge!

Charger-Bodie

Thanks! I do try.

Almost forgot that my plating stuff came back today too.

jaak

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 23, 2015, 11:46:57 PM
Thanks! I do try.

Awesome! Where did you send these pieces to to get plated?

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on January 24, 2015, 08:48:27 AM
Thanks! I do try.

Awesome! Where did you send these pieces to to get plated?

Jason

I had the stuff done at Oshkosh plating in Oshkosh Wisconsin . They did a great job and very reasonable price too. 180. For all that. And it would have been less,but a few things had to go thru twice. I got an estimate from old school plating out east and they wanted 700.00

72Charger-SE

Thanks! I do try.

Forgive my ignorance...  what is 'plated'?   I see shiny parts when compared to my rusty parts...  yours look much better... is that plating?  If so I want that too!   :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on January 24, 2015, 09:26:54 AM
Thanks! I do try.

Forgive my ignorance...  what is 'plated'?   I see shiny parts when compared to my rusty parts...  yours look much better... is that plating?  If so I want that too!   :icon_smile_big:

Plating is what most of these parts had as a protective coating from the factory. It's a dip process like chrome .

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 24, 2015, 09:25:54 AM
I had the stuff done at Oshkosh plating in Oshkosh Wisconsin .

Man, right around the corner!   Thanks for sharing the info Brian! 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

72Charger-SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 24, 2015, 09:37:20 AM
Thanks! I do try.

Plating is what most of these parts had as a protective coating from the factory. It's a dip process like chrome .

Does a person have to clean up all the rust before it is sent off for plating OR is that part of the 'plating'?

1970Moparmann

Brian, where you up all night again??   He asked "what" was plated... LOL   Get some sleep bud.  :2thumbs:

72Charger-SE

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 24, 2015, 09:40:55 AM

Brian, where you up all night again??   He asked "what" was plated... LOL   Get some sleep bud.  :2thumbs:

You are correct.. I did ask 'What was plated'..  LOL 

Brian and I went to High School together...  He answered the question I was thinking even though I didn't articulate the question very well...  LOL! 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 500Jon on December 29, 2014, 05:44:49 AM
Great work there Brian!

Good to see F8 is liked by some Charger Folks too.
By a strange co-incidence all my Chargers have been F8?

I'm very interested in which paint you will use and will it be base/clearcoat?
No Air-dry paints available now in the UK except maybe Cellulose.
Was happy for a local Paintshop to do mine, but prices doubled, $5000 now over $10,000.

Fantastic progress and super work!!! :2thumbs:

Sorry , I missed this. The paint will be sikkens autowave water base and clear.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 24, 2015, 09:40:55 AM

Not all night.... Just until 1:30. :hah:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on January 24, 2015, 09:40:19 AM
Thanks! I do try.

Does a person have to clean up all the rust before it is sent off for plating OR is that part of the 'plating'?

To do it again I'd soak the parts in a rust remover. Don't blast them, cause it will dull the final product.

Charger-Bodie

I didnt spend much time on the car this weekend,but by this afternoon I was itchin to do something again. So, I went down to the shop and blocked out the roof and sprayed it with black chassis savor.

72Charger-SE

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on January 25, 2015, 09:27:35 PM
Are you painting the car black?  

No , it will be green again, with a green vinyl top. We commonly use black chassis savor to paint the roof when a vinyl top will go on. Really good corrosion resistance and much cheaper than base clear.

72Charger-SE

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 25, 2015, 09:31:36 PM
Quote from: 72Charger-SE on January 25, 2015, 09:27:35 PM
Are you painting the car black?  

No , it will be green again, with a green vinyl top. We commonly use black chassis savor to paint the roof when a vinyl top will go on. Really good corrosion resistance and much cheaper than base clear.

Oh...  Thanks for clarifying...   :2thumbs:

1970Moparmann