News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/t 4 Speed Charger progress. Closing in on the end of the resto! Video.

Started by Charger-Bodie, November 30, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcarguy

Quote from: squeakfinder on February 11, 2015, 07:33:43 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 09, 2015, 09:18:24 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on February 09, 2015, 08:49:12 AM
Okay Brian, it's been a couple of weeks...... :popcrn: :popcrn:

I've been working . Hasn't been a lot of interest, so I haven't been updating.......

totally awsum again,just found thread sat morning .looks great ,love dark green ,but with painted top or black top ,personally.   joined here when you were doing ya Daytona build .so have enjoyed ya 2 white with red strip cars ,think ya dads blue car an know this awsum build.also read bout ya black 68?                 great work ,on ya vacation breaks. thanks for sharing..DJ ,oregon. :popcrn: :cheers: :2thumbs:

Huh?  Sorry I get to busy looking at pictures.  That looks stunning!

Jas29

Steve P.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!  So when did this resto begin and end and is there anything you would like to change??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Beav

Never confuse kindness for weakness...

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cavemanno1

:drool5:

My hat's off to you sir,beautiful work!

The video works for me! :2thumbs:

mopar4don

Quote from: Dan T on May 31, 2015, 06:09:07 PM
Beautiful Job Brian.
Will you be bringing it to either Carlisle or the nats this yr?
Also, I'm assuming it was AMD quarters & valance caps that you used? did you have any major issues with them, or were you happy overall with the quality?
Thanks
I am also interested in how you installed the quarters with the valance corners.

VegasCharger

Love Greeny Brian :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Even though it's a 1969 and it's triple green, I absolutely love what you did to that car :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Video worked for me as well, very nice :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Bryan

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dan T on May 31, 2015, 06:09:07 PM
Beautiful Job Brian.
Will you be bringing it to either Carlisle or the nats this yr?
Also, I'm assuming it was AMD quarters & valance caps that you used? did you have any major issues with them, or were you happy overall with the quality?
Thanks

I did use Amd quarters, but the valance and corners were ok,and didn't get replaced. I didn't have to add any metal to the seam where the corners meet the quarter.

As for the quality of the quarters. They are a million times better than being stuck with a seam running the length of the panel , but they do have their issues. They always need either a bunch of pick and file work. Of a light coat of filler.
If you go back in this thread it shows when I installed the quarters.

I will not be at Carlisle or the nats , but maybe mopars on the Mississippi in Dubuque Iowa in August.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 01, 2015, 06:22:00 AM

Even though it's a 1969 and it's triple green, I absolutely love what you did to that car :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Bryan

Come on buddy, it's only double green........

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Homerr

Nice work!

Can you characterize about how many hours each phase took you - disassembly, body work, paint, assembly, etc.  With the caveat that it is this particular car with you as someone who knows what they are doing... big round numbers are okay, just looking for something I can multiply by 3 and shoot for!  It'd be nice to have some perspective.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Homerr on June 01, 2015, 07:28:22 PM
Nice work!

Can you characterize about how many hours each phase took you - disassembly, body work, paint, assembly, etc.  With the caveat that it is this particular car with you as someone who knows what they are doing... big round numbers are okay, just looking for something I can multiply by 3 and shoot for!  It'd be nice to have some perspective.

I really don't pay attention to that on my own Chargers. 

Thanks for the comments guys.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 01, 2015, 06:55:38 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on June 01, 2015, 06:22:00 AM

Bryan

Come on buddy, it's only double green........

Crap my 52 y/o eyes are deceiving me :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Sometimes dark green looks like black and vise versa.

Kinda like Turbins old 68.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-R-T-/221786540765?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33a3820add&item=221786540765

Ghoste

So is it going to appear at any of the larger shows this year?

Charger-Bodie

unfortunately for me the larger shows are too far away to drive to. Plus, We haven't been on a vacation (that wasn't me working on a car) in like 8 years. So will be going to Myrtle Beach later this summer. I'm not real big on the car show thing anyway. Lots of time spent babysitting a car. And its certainly not done to any sort of oem spec.

Ghoste

Yeah but its purty and we want to see it.  ;)

(I get it though and those are all pretty valid reasons, especially the family vacation one)

skip68

That is just beautiful.  Better than new.   :2thumbs:  You should be very proud.  Well done sir.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger-Bodie

jaak

Stunning Charger, Brian! Great work as always!

On a side note... I'd like to see some pics of the C-10. I know I'm a Mopar guy, but I have always liked the 67-72 Chevy pickups, I had a 1970 C-10 SWB when I was younger, It was a driver with the ole dependable 250 straight six with a 3 speed column shifter, but it was solid truck in good shape. I actually sold it right after I bought my 69 R/T, to start buying parts for it.
Jason

Challenger340

yep... absolutely fantastic job there Brian, you are a very talented guy  :2thumbs:

Any details on the 472 Crate Engine ? From Mopar ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

histoy

Great job Brian.  I really enjoyed reading your thread and seeing the video.  If we ever get up that way, maybe we'll be able to see it in person....Brian