News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger spotted at a junkyard in Oroville CA

Started by Kern Dog, November 29, 2014, 03:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

The car is missing the fenders, hood and grille. No front discs. What remains? There are some valuable parts....
8 3/4" axle with 3.23 diff, manual trans hump, clutch and brake pedals and V8 K member with sway bar, LCAs with sway bar tabs. NICE passenger door.
RED car.
Good luck people.....

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Baldwinvette77

Will they sell it?

Also i like the BS torched into the quarter  :lol:

Kern Dog

Getting a wrecking yard to pull a car OUT of the yard to sell is a very difficult proposition. The car and its title are officially "dead" so it really is like a resurrection.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

This '71 was in a Pick N Pull yard about 3 1/2 hours from me. It was a factory Slant 6 car. I assume it's been crushed by now :(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Charger above still having the manual floor shift pedal assembly is still worth a few bucks.  And atleast one good tail light.  And it looked to have the pedal dressup package.

Ponch ®

I had pics somewhere  (I ll try to dig them up) of a 71 Charger at "regular" (ie. with Hondas, Chrysler Minivans) junkyard here in L.A. 3-4 years ago.

It was literally a just the shell. Nothing else was left. there was anotice that it was an insurance theft recovery. :rotz:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

F8-4life

At least save the 4 sp pedals and hump.
Why would someone torch BS on the 1/4?

Kern Dog

GOTWING

i just sold on ebay a couple weeks ago the clutch brake pedal assy from a 73 roadrunner it brought $228.00 and a 3.23 742 housing brought $275, i would snag those pedals in a second.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 04, 2014, 05:55:54 PM
I had pics somewhere  (I ll try to dig them up) of a 71 Charger at "regular" (ie. with Hondas, Chrysler Minivans) junkyard here in L.A. 3-4 years ago.

It was literally a just the shell. Nothing else was left. there was anotice that it was an insurance theft recovery. :rotz:

:rotz: (its actually a 73...my memory was a little fuzzy, this was 3 years ago)

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi71x

Two of us went up to Oroville, from Sacramento, to check out what's left on the Charger.
I got the sway bar, all the mounting hardware, and the lower control arms.
My friend got the pedal assembly, horns, dash wire harness, Proportioning valve assembly, and lines, and some other items that i didn't keep track of.

The 8 3/4 rear end is still there, the day i saw the car.
We checked, and it's an "open" rear end. NOT a sure grip. Don't know the ratio.

I will be rebuilding everything, and then i will be listing the parts, in the future, on the internet sites, that i frequent.

I never knew about this self serv yard before, other than the Pick-N-Pull's all over Northern California, and Carson City, & Sparks, in Nevada.

Wonder how many parts got by me, without knowing about this place.

The LCA's are now rebuilt and up for sale.
If anyone's interested in them, check out the "For Sale" section, here on this site.
Jim V.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

Kern Dog

YOU are welcome, Jim. I knew that these parts were not very common. That is why I posted it. I've seen your ads so I know the parts are destined to be nicely restored.
The axle ratio is a 3.23

Magnumcharger

That trunk lid looks almost mint!!
And I sure could use one like that!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto