News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Look at this Original R/T with the factory 383  :brickwall:
Check out the paintjob on this  :eek2: for only 30k it can be yours :smilielol:
It has a XS vin,so it should be a real R/T  :scratchchin:

http://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/4862287148.html
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

MxRacer855

Quote from: kokxville on February 21, 2015, 02:32:27 AM
Look at this Original R/T with the factory 383  :brickwall:
Check out the paintjob on this  :eek2: for only 30k it can be yours :smilielol:
It has a XS vin,so it should be a real R/T  :scratchchin:

http://nwga.craigslist.org/cto/4862287148.html

The phone must be ring'n off the hook for that one...  :lol:

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

MxRacer855

I just read the other thread on that GL replica...

80k, huh...   :lol:

Lord Warlock

Lots of dreamers out there, absolutely delusional.  But as we get older, we all become a little delusional.  Unlike a lot of people who document their expenses, I try not to keep track or I'd get depressed.  I for one am glad to see the 69 become a hot commodity more so than the 68 or 70 even, but that's just me, have no issues with any year.  15 years ago I'd refuse any offer made on the charger regardless of price, today, after I've got it all back together and ready to drive...hate to say it but if someone walked up and offered 40 or higher for it, I'd take it and grieve, but that's mostly because of health issues that make me not want to get under cars much anymore. (working over them is ok though). But if I had to advertise it, I'd pad the price some probably.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

jaak

Good thread. Makes me wonder what Chargers are really worth. I think people get caught up mixing up 'asking' prices vs. 'actual paid' prices for not only Chargers but any collectible car. You always see the astronomical buy it now prices on eBay, high asking prices on Moparts, even on here... but is people paying that for it. I understand cars with a high pedigree, but what about a run of the mill XS car with a 440, what are people actually paying?? To me right now the best deal for a second gen on the net is Leon's (HemiHampton) car... a burnt orange survivor 70 with 24k actual miles, rust free for $29k..... and no biters.... wtf? In my mind that's a hell of a deal, and if I had a spare 30k laying around I would be on my way to Michigan tomorrow, but what does that say about the buyers market? 

When ever there is a wanted ad for a 2nd gen, everyone is quick to chime in "you cant find a decent project for under 10-12K". I have never payed that much for a project. My 69 (now I realize this was 15 years ago) I paid 5500 for 2 69 rts (parted one), bought a rock solid 72 318 car (running) for 700 in 2007,  bought a small block/4 speed 73 rallye for 2500 in 2009, and bought a pretty complete good project XP 68 Charger (need floors, trunk and a lower right qtr, but other than that pretty solid) for 4k in 2013. Those are real numbers, and that's what I want to see... real numbers. I think we all (myself included) get caught up using asking prices as a price guide.

Its the same way with parts too... you see crazy asking prices, but that doesn't mean that's what people are paying. I can use a great example for this, I had a NOS 68 tailpanel (that came with the 4k car I bought) and I decided to sell it. I could only find one NOS 68 tail panel online at the time, and the seller was asking 1350. I thought, wow my tailpanel is worth 1350..... no it wasn't. I put it online for $850 OBO. I had several offers for it, the best was $500 so I took it. The 1350 one is still on Moparts now (although I think the price has dropped to 950, still no takers).

Like to hear others thoughts on this.
Jason

Lord Warlock

Think they are really worth 35-50k, if in #2 condition.  Parts prices are crazy, but when I reach a certain stage in the build process and need a part, I'll usually pay more than I ought to in order to get it and move on, can't always wait till you can find one that is good enough to use.  As much as I hate to do it, I sometimes resort to AMD or repops.  I waited too long to start on mine, should have done it 25 years ago.  Have to admit I won't pay 1200 for a part though, if repops are less than half that price I'll go that route, and just set my original part aside for rechroming or fixing later.  Still have everything that I stored the car with except seatbelts...can't remember what I did with those.  One of these days I'm gonna have to pull out all the old parts and put them on the block or ebay em.  Have to clean out the sheds one day before I'm too old to. My dad is cleaning out all his toy sheds now, figures he only has another 7 to 8 years to live and wants to clear it instead of making my mom do it.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

1974dodgecharger

I guess it depends on who you talk to you right?  If I ask 15k for my 68 charger I get thousands of calls on it and waiting to get in line for it.  20k I might get 500 calls for it, at 25k im getting 100 calls, at 30k I get 10 calls and then counter offering for it, at 35k I get 2 calls randomly asking if I live with my parents  :icon_smile_big:

lloyd3

Price is also a function of desirability.  Paint color and options are likely to play a significant role here.  If somebody has a "dream" car ideal, just how far they are willing to come off of that mental picture is hard to determine, but.... a green/green automatic car is likely to have slightly less demand than a red/black 4-gear car. The actual condition of the car is likely secondary to the "image" of the car for the less well-informed.  Anybody who has had to piece a car together and then struggle to make it "proper" would look at  HemiHampton's car as the do-all, end-all. But....it's unlikely that the person who is filling some type of bucket-list is going to appreciate what a low-miles, original car represents.

kokxville

1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Ghoste

If someone pays that for it do you think Dodge will reconsider the notion that there isn't any interest in two door Chargers? :lol:

kokxville

Quote from: Ghoste on March 22, 2015, 07:54:48 AM
If someone pays that for it do you think Dodge will reconsider the notion that there isn't any interest in two door Chargers? :lol:

Exactly my thoughts Ghoste  :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

twodko

Quote from: 6spd68 on February 23, 2015, 05:52:25 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ottawa/1969-charger/1052039367?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Nice car, not so nice price

:popcrn:

Any R/T modified from stock or any 1st,2nd,3rd gen Chargers cannot possibly command
asking prices like that.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

Kern Dog

I like larger wheels, but the ones on that white 2013 look terrible.

sanders7981

It looks like they put a wide body kit on it to accommodate those wheels.  Good luck on selling that, I am sure they will be sitting on it for a while just like west coast customs did with their modern two door charger painted in similar fashion of a general lee. 

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

Wow!  A quarter of a million dollars, FIRM!!, and it has an aftermarket rad cap, aftermarket diy battery cables, a GM master cylinder and brake booster (which leads me to think its had a disc brake conversion) with a NAPA battery and thats just one photo.  This car should be near perfect at half that amount.  Its at a dealer though and the salesman appears to have the perfect surname.  (Krook)

Road Dog

If I sold mine today I'd ask 7000, but I'm not selling.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 6spd68 on March 24, 2015, 09:40:13 AM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/peterborough/charger-1970-charger-500-se-rare-only-38-000/1058997185?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

i saw that car in person before, its really clean, mostly cause its never driven, but theres a dent in the passenger side quarter panel.. or atleast there was, the last time i saw it  :scratchchin:

70 sublime

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 26, 2015, 07:53:28 AM
Quote from: 6spd68 on March 24, 2015, 09:40:13 AM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/peterborough/charger-1970-charger-500-se-rare-only-38-000/1058997185?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

i saw that car in person before, its really clean, mostly cause its never driven, but theres a dent in the passenger side quarter panel.. or atleast there was, the last time i saw it  :scratchchin:

He said it was getting fixed
He dropped a car seat on it I think he said
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire