News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My solution for a 68 Charger heater core.

Started by Monziac, November 04, 2014, 08:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monziac

Ok, I live in FL and I want to have occassional heat but $400 for a core plus valve etc just is too expensive for my build, so I bought a $31 core and some 1/2" pipe from Lowes and tada!  I thought I would share for anyone else wanting to do this.  I just removed the dual heater core from the frame and made a bracket to hold the new one.  Heater core is part# 399018 from Advanced Auto and is for a 1970 Ford Van.  The rest is just some pipe from lowes and solder.  I just stole the fittings for the orings and soldered them in. 

Jon

bull

Monziac

Thank you.  I figured if it can heat a van it can heat my Charger in FL.... It was a fun little project.

Dino

Good job!   :2thumbs:

It may be more important to get working A/C down there though.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Monziac

Evaporator tested out. It gets cold here..... Like 60 degrees! ;-)

Dino

Quote from: Monziac on November 11, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
Evaporator tested out. It gets cold here..... Like 60 degrees! ;-)

Oh yeah that's almost freezing.   :lol:

Monziac

It is funny to see weather alerts to carry water and blankets because the temps will be dipping into the 40's..... 

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Monziac on November 11, 2014, 06:26:15 PM
It is funny to see weather alerts to carry water and blankets because the temps will be dipping into the 40's..... 

Wussies.    ;)

My next few days:

Dino

I was wearing a t shirt out to school today...it was 38...I may be in denial.

Monziac

It was 72 here today and I was under a blanket.  Hahahaha!!!! 

HeavyFuel

Quote from: HeavyFuel on November 12, 2014, 03:35:23 PM

Wussies.    ;)

My next few days:

I take it back.....   :rotz:

Most of the country is getting pounded by cold.....not joking matter.