News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction 69 grills-In stock at classic industries

Started by WHITE AND RED 69, October 25, 2014, 01:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

I agree, it definitely is not useless.  Fabricating the brackets for how many they produced is an added cost.  I am sure someone, especially the talent thats on here can fabricate them for sale.

Much easier to do then repop a whole grille.

GordonGriggs

Were they shipped freight, UPS or Fedex ? What kind of box or crate were they packed in? Thanks!

472 R/T SE

bull

Amazing! While always hopeful someone would make grills someday I'm still pretty amazed it is now a reality. Compared to the overpriced, busted junk we've had until now this is great. Excellent news for the hobby.
:2thumbs:

That said, I'm surprised they tried painting some of the surrounding silver at all. I can see them doing the base black and lower silver portion but that trim would be a major pain for a reproduction company. Therefore, I'm not at all surprised by the paint flaws. If they ever do a 68 grill they would be wise to skip the silver on the front of the verticle bars. That is a painstaking process.

cavemanno1

I was thinking to repop grills just before they have come out from Classic industries! :brickwall:

Have a good friend of mine who is one of the owner of this tool making company      http://www.mould-tech.hu/

I thought my big idea to repop them is busted because classic industries.However when we looked at all the money needs to be invested it came out roughly 100k us dollar! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: That is way more then i have! The tooling would cost at least 55k alone because of the number of different pieces of the grill!

Seen what they make and they are impressive at least to say.They do tools that cost 90k euro but those tools are guaranteed till 1million production piece!

Anyway,do you guys have anything that needs to be repop from plastic?Might be able to make them!

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: GordonGriggs on October 31, 2014, 02:33:27 PM

Were they shipped freight, UPS or Fedex ? What kind of box or crate were they packed in? Thanks!

Mine was shipped UPS freight and was packaged very well. It was in about a 3'x2'x1' cardboard box and each piece was individually wrapped with multiple layers of bubble wrap.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

CLASSIC

:popcrn:    :wave:     Hello DodgeCharger.com members,

We are pleased that the new grilles are well-received and will fill the void in the marketplace. We would like to invite you to contact us directly through PM (private message) here at dodgecharger.com if you have any additional questions or comments regarding this product.

Please note that the 1968 grille is currently in development as well as the brackets for the headlight doors and some other related parts as well. We will keep you informed regarding availability and future developments.

1968 Grille - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143501.html

1969 Grille - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143505.html

Brackets - http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143509.html
Ray Yager
Merchandising Director

Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Toll Free: 800-854-1280

WHITE AND RED 69

Sweet! Thanks for posting on the future items coming out.   :cheers:   That solves the headlight door dilemma.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

moparnation74

Well that certainly cleared up a lot of questions!

Mopar Nut

Don't forget to use the 20% off discount code - EEK14, good until Nov. 2nd.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

8WHEELER

This sure will help us guys in this hobby.

Am I the only one that see's a 68 drivers side head light door on this 69 grille? or have I lost it   :brickwall:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

bull

Thanks to Classic for posting. Not that it matters but I'm curious, did Classic Ind. commission this grill or is it a private venture you guys are reselling?

Also, any plans to do the inner headlight bezels for the 68s?

JB400

Thanks Classic Industries for getting these made :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Can I make a recommendation on packaging?  How about inserting a piece of foam inside the grille pieces to minimize warping and distortion before wrapping them in bubble wrap?

fy469rtse

White and Red 69, post some photos as soon as you get it
Value your opinion on quality,  :2thumbs:
Geoff

Mopar Nut

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 31, 2014, 11:59:50 PM
White and Red 69, post some photos as soon as you get it
Value your opinion on quality,  :2thumbs:
Geoff
Look at reply #94, he got it.

myk

So you guys are saying that headlight bezels are a '68 only thing? 

VegasCharger

Quote from: myk on November 01, 2014, 01:48:32 AM
So you guys are saying that headlight bezels are a '68 only thing? 

Yes MYK 68 only :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

myk

So one of the PO's tacked them onto my car then....interesting...

VegasCharger

VegasCharger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on October 31, 2014, 08:45:14 PM
This sure will help us guys in this hobby.

Am I the only one that see's a 68 drivers side head light door on this 69 grille? or have I lost it   :brickwall:

Dan

Maybe have lost it :shruggy:

PIC #1 68 R/T Grille
PIC #2 69 R/T Grille
PIC #3 Repost of one of W&R 69 posted  pics

Cooter

Wow. Kudos to CI.  Amazing how we are constantly told by one member here inperticular how expensive everything is these days, yet, the first one to complain about cheap repop parts when you get what you pay for.  

Anyway, as with anything else that sounds to good to be true (think Premier Plastics), I'll wait to see if the "quick to buy the latest thing out" buys this 'affordable' grille and see how well this one works out. If it's anything like Classic's plastic repro parts for 2nd Gen. Camaros, it will be just a tad smaller than original because the mold maker didn't take the time to account for shrinkage of the mold.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Q5XX29

Great news! Unfortunately, just a tad too late for me. I just finished my '68 Charger project, which included the notorious rebuild of the entire grille.  :eek2:

dakota_gt on Instagram

rebby

Quote from: lukedukem on October 31, 2014, 09:41:08 PM
Why did the price jump up so quick?  

Luke

I'd like to know as well. I was actually in the process of checking out when the price jumped. I decided last minute to grab a few other odds and ends that I needed as well and once I got those items added and started the checkout process I was welcomed with an increase in price. I bailed on the entire order (nearly $2000) at that point. I'm still a little pissed about the whole ordeal and, as much as I'd like one of these grilles, I still can't get myself to pull the trigger after the "bait & switch" that I experienced.

CLASSIC, can you speak to this at all? It sure left a sour taste in my mouth.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)