News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Chally.

Started by 69rtse4spd, October 05, 2014, 09:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69rtse4spd

Found a broadcast sheet to a 70 Chally. while looking for parts for my 70 Charger. Tried to regs. it on their sites but they were down. Have no idea where I got this from, but was in with some papers I got from my friend. He owned a 70 Charger at one time. So I asked if he or his wife owned this car, nope. So if someone can log this vin in for me or maybe knows of the car, will ship to owner, thanks. Vin is as followes  JH23GOB401634.   

Kern Dog

No automaker ever built a car named "Chally". The Chrysler Corp. did market and sell an E body Challenger for the model years 1970 through 1974.
It isn't that hard of a name to pronounce, is it?   :cheers:

Troy

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 06, 2014, 10:36:48 PM
No automaker ever built a car named "Chally". The Chrysler Corp. did market and sell an E body Challenger for the model years 1970 through 1974.
It isn't that hard of a name to pronounce, is it?   :cheers:
Asshat. But I'll put a smiley here so it doesn't look like I'm being a dick. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

el dub

Troy, do you drive around in a Chargie? I'll put a smile so I dont look like a dick. :icon_smile_cool:
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

HANDM

Quote from: el dub on October 07, 2014, 10:48:51 AM
Troy, do you drive around in a Chargie? I'll put a smile so I dont look like a dick. :icon_smile_cool:

LOL! That's what my wife calls the Charger!  :D  :smilielol:  :lol:  :rofl:

Troy

Quote from: HANDM on October 07, 2014, 11:44:35 AM

LOL! That's what my wife calls the Charger!  :D  :smilielol:  :lol:  :rofl:
So, apparently, yes I do!

"Chally" is a fairly common nickname for a Challenger (although I don't use it myself). I can't imagine too many people who have no idea what it means on this board. No need to be a jerk - especially when someone is offering help. Not only that, but it's pretty dang easy for a "Mopar guy" to figure it out from the VIN.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Kern Dog

No kidding. The "Chally" name sounds just as stupid as Chargie.

stripedelete

No good deed goes unpunished.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 06, 2014, 10:36:48 PM
It isn't that hard of a name to pronounce, is it?   :cheers:

being a little harsh out of the gate...?  :slap:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chally

Indygenerallee

I had a 72 Chally!! Nothing silly calling them that I have heard that term for YEARS!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Kern Dog

Okay, I gave my opinion on the matter. Here is more....
Did any Chevrolet owner ever call their car a Cammie or a Chevelly? How about a Novy or a Corvy?
Did any Ford owner ever own a Musty? A Toriny? A Fairlany or a Pinty?
Did any oldsmible guy ever own a Cutty?
Chally sounds silly to me. YOUR opinions may be different.
Moving on....

lukedukem

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 07, 2014, 11:58:43 PM
Did any Chevrolet owner ever call their car a Cammie or a Chevelly? How about a Novy or a Corvy?
Moving on....

Stang? for mustang.

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Ghoste

A buddy of mine has a Fairlane and some of his Ford friends refer to it as the "lane.  :shruggy:

lukedukem

Quote from: Ghoste on October 08, 2014, 06:51:15 AM
A buddy of mine has a Fairlane and some of his Ford friends refer to it as the "lane.  :shruggy:

yeah, thats what my dads was called too. it was a four door, 56 model and he said it took up the whole lane, so everyone called it that, plus it was short for fairlane.
but back to the original post.

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on October 05, 2014, 09:23:57 PM
Found a broadcast sheet to a 70 Chally. while looking for parts for my 70 Charger. Tried to regs. it on their sites but they were down. Have no idea where I got this from, but was in with some papers I got from my friend. He owned a 70 Charger at one time. So I asked if he or his wife owned this car, nope. So if someone can log this vin in for me or maybe knows of the car, will ship to owner, thanks. Vin is as followes  JH23GOB401634.   

its great of you to hlep out and try to return this to proper owner, sorry the thread got derailed but my advice is to just keep trying chally forums. it might not happen right away or ever but it would make a cool story

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Charger-Bodie

Moving on....

I have heard of people calling there cutlass a cutty.

Although it does annoy me some when people call a Challenger a "Chally" it's not enuf to make me go off on them.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

lukedukem

1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

TUFCAT

Moving on....

How about Rivie, Eldo, and Bonnie? ...I've even heard of Elky for El Camino.

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Charger-Bodie

My only problem with "chally" is that sound kinda feminine.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparnation74

Or GTX called a "Gittick"

TUFCAT

along those same lines, GTO/...goat, Thunderbird/...t-bird, Monte Carlo/....just plain "monte".  

moparnation74

Funny, most people call my GTX a GTO.  Makes for a great laugh.

paironines

I've heard Dippy for Diplomat and dizzy for distributor. These are the worst imo.

el dub

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on October 08, 2014, 08:09:06 AM
My only problem with "chally" is that sound kinda feminine.

Do you mean gay? Cuz thats what it sounds like to me. I wonder how old the people that use this slang really are?
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

69rtse4spd

Try to be a nice guy, glad everyone had a good laugh, me included. It's all fun & games till someone put an eye out. :smilielol:. Will keep trying.