News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who said that.....

Started by el dub, October 01, 2014, 11:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Hmmmm
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

ITSA426

I thought the government shutdown because the people's representatives couldn't agree on a budget; possibly because two wars were carried "off budget" from the previous administration.

Tilar

Quote from: ITSA426 on October 02, 2014, 09:13:18 AM
I thought the government shutdown because the people's representatives couldn't agree on a budget; possibly because two wars were carried "off budget" from the previous administration.

Nope, It was shut down because Harry Reid would not bring the budget to the floor of the senate to even be voted on... It had nothing to do with any wars or previous administration.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

XH29N0G

Nope, it was more than that.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Tilar

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 20, 2014, 05:22:23 PM
Nope, it was more than that.

The only thing more than that was the house had approved every single line of all department budgets the senate wanted but defunded obamacare which is why Harry Reid would not bring it to the senate floor, and that is exactly all it was.
Dave  

XH29N0G

The house passed one with it, then the senate passed one that stripped it, then it went on from there - and yes it was not brought up to a vote, but it was not as simple as everything was hunky dory until ... I don't want to back and forth about this and plan to go back to thinking about chargers. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Tilar

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 20, 2014, 06:32:31 PM
then the senate passed one that stripped it,

Which boils down to what I said... the house had approved every part of the budget the senate wanted with the exception of obamacare. Harry Reid refused to bring it to a vote which shut down the government. Had he brought it to the floor it would have passed. It was nothing more than a dog and pony show.
Dave  

Mike DC

I get a kick out of watching anyone in Washington pretending to give a shit about fiscal responsibility.  That's the biggest dog & pony show of all.  

Nobody ever cares about fiscal responsibility when they are in a position of power to push their agenda.  They just use the budget concerns excuse to fight the other party's agenda whenever they don't have the upper hand on something.