News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by Ranger Max, October 01, 2014, 04:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger Max

68X426

How much hammering on the driver side?  It can be so tight even with TTI.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Dino

Install from above?? Who claimed that was gonna work?  Looks Purdy.   :coolgleamA:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ranger Max

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Ranger Max on October 01, 2014, 09:12:18 PM
No hammering drivers side ... dimple for idler arm sweep.

TTI instructions said you could install from top.  Think it was for RB motor not a B motor.

So a top of the line header still requires you to take a hammer to it? I dont get it. As long as these cars have been around, you would think they would have it figured out by now...

Glad they turned out good though.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

myk

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 01, 2014, 09:14:53 PM
Quote from: Ranger Max on October 01, 2014, 09:12:18 PM
No hammering drivers side ... dimple for idler arm sweep.

TTI instructions said you could install from top.  Think it was for RB motor not a B motor.

So a top of the line header still requires you to take a hammer to it? I dont get it. As long as these cars have been around, you would think they would have it figured out by now...

Glad they turned out good though.

I was told by someone here that the remaining Dodge Chargers are so different physically, whether it be from damage, modifications and whatnot, that what might work for one Charger may not work for another...

Ranger Max

Al

My 68 Charger has a 383 too. I installed the TTI after replacing the engine mounts, both sides went in from below without problem and fit like a glove.

Al
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

Ranger Max

timmycharger

Must have gotten lucky with my TTI's or CPPA's when I bought them in 2001. They went in from the top w/o any hammering anywhere. 

Lookin good!

Al

What spark plug wires do you intend to use ? Because the ones with 90° boots are not ideal, especially for plugs no. 5 and 6.
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1