News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1975 Dodge Charger Daytona SE

Started by yukonbill7, September 14, 2014, 12:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukonbill7

I own a 1975 Dodge Charger Daytona SE with original 360 2BBL. It has been in dry storage for many years, but needs some body work. Is this old charger worth much? My Dad bought it in 75 and gave it to me in 1980.
http://imgur.com/42Gh0pI
http://imgur.com/lbNmVEx
http://imgur.com/qSXobu2

Indygenerallee

Not worth a whole lot, especially depending on how much body work it needs as they don't make any replacement panels for that body style Charger (or Cordoba)
post some pics up.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Indygenerallee

Bill, Looks pretty clean for a 75 Charger, That car would look super cool all black, tinted windows with a set of 17" torque thrust wheels, slight rake to the car. Not the most desirable Charger ever but it looks like a very clean a doable project car!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

I don't know, it doesn't look to bad but they just don't rate high in the collector world in spite of the fact they are actually pretty good cars. My best WAG might be 2k? :shruggy:

71charger_fan

If it was mine, I wouldn't worry about the value, as almost no car's going to worth what it costs to do body work and paint. I wouldn't hesitate to fix up that body, paint it, and enjoy it. Those cars, while gutless, were nice cruisers.

ODZKing

:iagree: 1000%   
Quote from: 71charger_fan on September 21, 2014, 05:58:20 AM
If it was mine, I wouldn't worry about the value, as almost no car's going to worth what it costs to do body work and paint. I wouldn't hesitate to fix up that body, paint it, and enjoy it. Those cars, while gutless, were nice cruisers.

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: ODZKing on September 21, 2014, 08:16:45 AM
:iagree: 1000%   
Quote from: 71charger_fan on September 21, 2014, 05:58:20 AM

1000% X 2

Nice cruiser.....or unexpected asphalt eater. :angel:

Lottsa possibilities. :yesnod:

Homerr

Sentimental value will trump dollar value.  But if you're not sentimental about it I'd say about $1500 if it runs.

Tom Q

Rare car, there is a red one in living color - in the current issue of MCG
Give the car a complete detail - you will be amazed at the results.
Find the correct wheel covers for now.
Remember patina is in so  spot repair only areas that really need repair & use single stage paint. 
Enjoy.

JB400

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 17, 2014, 07:19:37 PM
Bill, Looks pretty clean for a 75 Charger, That car would look super cool all black, tinted windows with a set of 17" torque thrust wheels, slight rake to the car. Not the most desirable Charger ever but it looks like a very clean a doable project car!  :2thumbs:
I would have to agree.  This car would make an excellent sleeper.

RDC

The is one of these cars in my town, its not a power house by any means but it looks good driving by, I think they look good to me because they are different and there isn't many of them around. The fact that your father gave it to you years ago makes it that much cooler in my book

moparnation74

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Quote from: JB400 on September 21, 2014, 11:26:25 AM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 17, 2014, 07:19:37 PM
I would have to agree.  This car would make an excellent sleeper.
:iagree: :iagree: