News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PPG high impact paint codes/recipes, EU legal?

Started by pmike, September 02, 2014, 03:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmike

From what I understood from my paint shop owner friend, European Union has banned the "toxic" paints some years ago, and only water based paints are allowed to be sold now.

They at PPG are not providing recipes for vintage car paint codes, so would anyone have current codes or recipes in "new system" for 70's high impact colors, Plum Crazy in particular?

I found some examples at moparts forum, but she told that 1) colors beginning with 700 are banned and 2) codes starting with DMD do not tell her anything, so if anyone has any other information?..

polywideblock

hope this is some help    :cheers:   

http://www.stormcomm.net/dodgegirl/highimpact.htm

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

pmike

Thanks, unfortunately 2210 is the "original" PPG code which does not apparently convert to the new system (at least in EU).. I do not know about DuPont codes, but I'd prefer PPG as the friend sells them :)