News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rallye Instrument cluster mystery paper tag

Started by 69hemidaytona, August 25, 2014, 07:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

I took an instrument cluster apart for a 69 Charger and a brown paper tag was attached to the back of it somewhere. After many months I have forgotton where it exactly came from. Anybody know?

comet_666

I saw this before on one of mine but it was in a different location. No clue what it was for.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks like it goes below the voltage reg to prevent the body of it shorting to the PC board
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Moparparts

X2

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 28, 2014, 06:53:22 PM
Looks like it goes below the voltage reg to prevent the body of it shorting to the PC board

Brock Lee

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 28, 2014, 06:53:22 PM

Correct. It is not regular paper. It is vulcanized fiber, sometimes referred to as "fish paper" and used to be used in manufacturing electronic components. It is a great insulator.

69hemidaytona

Thanks for the help. I now have it installed.

69hemidaytona

I just learned that Dave Patik at Performance Car Graphics is reproducing these paper tags.