News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool gen 3's?

Started by euroZ06, August 24, 2014, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1973rallye

Jaak. That is a sweet wheel combo on your rallye. In hindsight I should have bumped up my wheel size a tad for my 440 car. What is that color? Ray
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

jaak

Quote from: 1973rallye on September 05, 2014, 09:48:53 PM
Jaak. That is a sweet wheel combo on your rallye. In hindsight I should have bumped up my wheel size a tad for my 440 car. What is that color? Ray

It was an auqa/teal color... it looked different than it did in pictures, looked better in pics. If I kept it, I wanted to paint it Viper Blue.

Jason

euroZ06

My ass shot after few painting projects

68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

Wookie316

Wheels are Year One Cast Rally Wheels

Oracles were re-wired. There was a thread on B Bodies about a runner with an HID conversion. It is very detailed in description on how to wire.
1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30

Chargerguy74

Quote from: euroZ06 on September 07, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Nice shot! She's a beaut!
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

workworkwork

Mine aspires to be like that. Nice car!

EccentricMagpies

I need to get my car to look more like this clone '73!!
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

moparnation74

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on September 08, 2014, 12:53:14 AM
Quote from: euroZ06 on September 07, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

Nice shot! She's a beaut!
Pictures like that is why I love 3rd Gen's.  Nice ride!

ACUDANUT

3rd gens that have a little lift in the rear with big ass tires make it look awesome. :2thumbs:

euroZ06

Ghoste

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 17, 2014, 10:50:02 AM
3rd gens that have a little lift in the rear with big ass tires make it look awesome. :2thumbs:

:iagree:

bordin34

My 74 318. It had air shocks and Cragar knockoffs

My 73 440

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

euroZ06

71charger_fan

Went into the shop plum crazy with white stripe, will come out Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl with Granite Crystal Metallic stripe.

JohnnyBee

ODZKing

Wow, with a trunk rack too, that is cool JB.

Only pic I have of my original 73, bought new.
Sorry if it is a duplicate.

percydaman

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 17, 2014, 10:50:02 AM

I also agree.  3rd gens look awesome with some lift and fatty rear tires.  They totally change the entire stance and overall look of the car.  IMO, it's a big improvement over stock.

ACUDANUT

Wookie316

1971 Plum Crazy SupeBee. 400 bored and stroked to 511, 727 spinning a Dana 4.30

JPL

(might be for sale soon)

percydaman

Nice.  3rd gens got character out the wazoo.

redgum78

Quote from: pmike on August 25, 2014, 12:39:28 AM
I got my '73 couple of months ago, and had not yet had time to cool it down but hopefully will get there someday :)

I have been looking for role models too, and KWS' stolen charger (see pinned threads) is definitely cool..

I have been thinking about grilles and somehow the hideaways in many cases add to the roundness of the car too much for me, I like more square shapes and I think I will go for the '71 grilles blacked out.  My bumpers aren't in best shape so I am thinking about painting them black, and will probably go plum crazy for rest of the car if I can get it painted in near future. I will have to test if the current paint will boil under a new paint, to see if the car has to be fully blasted or could we paint it over. 

I will tuck my bumpers in, front should be doable with the original brackets and I think I will fabricate rear brackets myself to get best possible fit, and to avoid having to order used 71-72 brackets from overseas..

Your 73 already looks cool. They look better with their back ends sitting up a bit IMO.

ACUDANUT

x2, a 3rd gen, low rider does not work here.

pmike

Thanks!

It has new rear shocks now, old ones were bit damaged so rear was really hard, now it is working fine and I think I like the stance. Sorry for the bad photo but as you see this gen 3 is getting cooler all the time, pretty much too cool to do any major work on the driveway anymore :)

JPL's and Wookie's cars are real cool, and I wonder what has gone through mopar design teams head when they have swapped the sidemarkers from the earlier style to those on my charger..

I will try to swap the carb and check the intake manifold before winter, and plans for spring include some more bodywork and doing the interior. Wing could be cool too. Time, budget and place constraints are a bit hard though - if anyone would have an used set of white seat covers in decent condition left from their project, available for sale, please let me know as mine are totally shot and I'd prefer to invest more under the hood/on the body than inside the car currently..