News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool gen 3's?

Started by euroZ06, August 24, 2014, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPL

Quote from: pmike on September 30, 2014, 03:00:48 AM
Thanks!

It has new rear shocks now, old ones were bit damaged so rear was really hard, now it is working fine and I think I like the stance. Sorry for the bad photo but as you see this gen 3 is getting cooler all the time, pretty much too cool to do any major work on the driveway anymore :)

JPL's and Wookie's cars are real cool, and I wonder what has gone through mopar design teams head when they have swapped the sidemarkers from the earlier style to those on my charger..

I will try to swap the carb and check the intake manifold before winter, and plans for spring include some more bodywork and doing the interior. Wing could be cool too. Time, budget and place constraints are a bit hard though - if anyone would have an used set of white seat covers in decent condition left from their project, available for sale, please let me know as mine are totally shot and I'd prefer to invest more under the hood/on the body than inside the car currently..

Thanks pmike, I agree with you, I like the sidemarkers on the '71's as well.

Dreamcar

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on September 17, 2014, 08:57:11 AM
I need to get my car to look more like this clone '73!!

I'm generally not a big fan of 3rd gens, but this one I really like. The color combo and matching wheels give it a real classy but muscular look. Yup, I like it.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: redgum78 on September 29, 2014, 08:40:11 AM
Quote from: pmike on August 25, 2014, 12:39:28 AM
I got my '73 couple of months ago, and had not yet had time to cool it down but hopefully will get there someday :)

I have been looking for role models too, and KWS' stolen charger (see pinned threads) is definitely cool..

I have been thinking about grilles and somehow the hideaways in many cases add to the roundness of the car too much for me, I like more square shapes and I think I will go for the '71 grilles blacked out.  My bumpers aren't in best shape so I am thinking about painting them black, and will probably go plum crazy for rest of the car if I can get it painted in near future. I will have to test if the current paint will boil under a new paint, to see if the car has to be fully blasted or could we paint it over.  

I will tuck my bumpers in, front should be doable with the original brackets and I think I will fabricate rear brackets myself to get best possible fit, and to avoid having to order used 71-72 brackets from overseas..

Your 73 already looks cool. They look better with their back ends sitting up a bit IMO.

I think one problem with this comparison is, you are compairing a cartoon/sketch to an actual photo of a car.

Not saying I don't like the blue car but that low stance is very cool with the larger rims.

'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

pmike

I am not sure I follow, but that is an actual photo of that actual black car? Which I classify as cool, but low rider stance might need going full pro-touring, as that has gone. And after all they are two different schools, old and new, and can both be cool imo :)

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: pmike on September 30, 2014, 10:07:05 AM
I am not sure I follow, but that is an actual photo of that actual black car? Which I classify as cool, but low rider stance might need going full pro-touring, as that has gone. And after all they are two different schools, old and new, and can both be cool imo :)

Is it?  okay, then there must have been some photo rendering to it?
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

EccentricMagpies

Someone from way up north sent me this yesterday and after rediscovering this thread, felt it belonged here.

Gotta love the Webers

'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

KillerBee1972

My 72 SE I had, my first car ever to restore. It was fun and great just couldn't pass up getting a 64 fury drag car from the 70s.
I would love to find my charger again. Last time I heard of its existence was in the Akron Ohio area. Without the graphics, spoilers, and faded ruined paint :brickwall:
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE