News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

T5 Charger on eBay... NEW PIX, give me some info! :)

Started by Charger Aficionado, March 19, 2006, 01:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I have two '69 R/Ts that have this exact color (T5 as in auction) in engine compartment, but the tags say T7...  I've seen the color charts that make T7 look BROWN...  What gives?  I'll take pix of the One Bronze engine compartment soon... 

Here it T5 car:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-69-CHARGER-R-T-N-CAROLINA-CAR-COLLECTORS-DREAM-MINT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQitemZ4621480157QQrdZ1

I need to hear from somone that "was there"...  Did T7 look straight dart brown???

Rocky

The guy states that the car was origionally a cream color, why do you think that he would know the correct terminology for the new color :shruggy:

hemi68charger

The creme was Y3. I can see Y3 with the saddle tan interior... T7 was not a flat brown.. It was a metallic just like the T5 copper... The T7 is a darker color... When the two colors are apart, they definitely look similiar, but together they are obviously different...

1. The first picture is an older digital from the AeroMeet at Talldega. I took this picture for the very reason of comparison... Yes, the Dark Bronze looks flat, but believe me, it's metallic...

2. Second is a T7 Hemi C500.....

3. Red Kilby's T5 Copper.

I know these don't do comparisons very well..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparsinbarns

Ya, T5 is the orignal colour of my 69 Charger.
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

Pistolpete

Could the original colour have been T3? thats the original colour of mine. (I'm gonna be changing it to more along the lines of T5 or T7 with a little more orange.)
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Charger Aficionado

O.K. O.K.  now here look at this T7 Charger...  EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-BIG-BLOCK-1969-DODGE-CHARGER-383-MAGNUM-NUMBERS-MATCHING-MOPAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQitemZ4626594989QQrdZ1

So now...  This car looks DEFINETLEY like the lighter C500...  So did the factory mix-up the T5 and T7 cars or what?  That trunk shot has what looks like an original Jack Decal (looks like it's never been restored), and then has that T5 Copper look to paint...  Looks JUST LIKE both of my T7 Chargers...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sun prolly faded the paint I would guess.  Also if the car were outside Im sure the paint would be darker......

This is the second round for that car as well....last time it was on eBay was in Feb of '05
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

My guess on this: Later car is it's been repainted and no one took the time to do the trunk area......

That is a good example though of the difference between T7 and T5....
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection