News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don Pardo, Longtime Saturday Night Live Announcer, Dead at 96

Started by TruckDriver, August 19, 2014, 06:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

R.I.P. Don...

http://mashable.com/2014/08/18/don-pardo-snl-saturday-night-live-dead-dies-96/

Don Pardo, the TV and radio announcer whose exuberant baritone heralded the opening of Saturday Night Live for all but one of its 38 seasons, has died, NBC confirmed to Mashable on Monday night. He was 96.

Pardo has been an NBC announcer since 1944, and semi-retired in 2004 while maintaining his SNL duties from his Arizona home. During his 60 years with the network, Pardo did TV, radio and just about anything else that required his unique voice talent, including wartime reporting during World War II.

His break in mainstream TV came in 1956, when Pardo was the first voice of The Price is Right, where he remained until the show went to ABC in 1963. From there he went to Jeopardy! and other NBC game shows including Winning Streak and Jackpot!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hemi68charger

:engel016:

RIP Jack............. A voice I grew up with............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."