News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford making a 777HP Stang - This is getting interesting.....

Started by 1970Moparmann, August 15, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

ws23rt

:nana: :nana: :cheers:  I expected this to continue :lol:
So how long will it be before our mom (the gov) comes out and spanks us for playing too hard?

1970Moparmann

Quote from: ws23rt on August 15, 2014, 04:56:16 PM
:nana: :nana: :cheers:  I expected this to continue :lol:
So how long will it be before our mom (the gov) comes out and spanks us for playing too hard?

Absolutely correct!   
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Indygenerallee

Fake as a three dollar bill... might as well been on the "Onion"  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hatersaurusrex

Yeah the hood scoops are clearly photoshoped - and the wording is sarcastic enough that you can call it satire.

For my part, I'd be surprised if Ford came out with a factory 700+ HP Mustang - there's no business case for it since Shelby is taking care of that market quite nicely.

I think the rumors of a 'HellCat Killer' are largely knee-jerk reaction by Mustang fanboys who want to believe that Ford will save them from being at the bottom of the pile.   After all, the Mustang has gone the way of the Jeep Wrangler now - a once proud American icon that's now mostly bought with a V6 by 23 year old girls with poor taste, and a few aftermarketers build it right but not enough that the factory wants to start a program around it.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1974dodgecharger

As with alot of people I'm getting tired of the hellcat already...hellcat this hellcat that its all 700hp, blah, blah.....we already know chrysler is gonna out that damn engine in everything it was Sergio goal to dominate the euro markets hence why the charger looks like it does.  Sergio knew damn well he couldn't change the challenger because it would really ruin the old school version.

Eventually the hellcat will get into the caravan......

odcics2

The boys in Dearborn and Warren got nuttin' on the Men from Auburn Hills.    :coolgleamA:

The "777" is B.S.   

p.s  I don't know anyone tired of the Hellcat PR.   Well, only 1974dodgecharger, I guess...   :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: odcics2 on August 15, 2014, 08:27:50 PM
The boys in Dearborn and Warren got nuttin' on the Men from Auburn Hills.    :coolgleamA:

The "777" is B.S.   

p.s  I don't know anyone tired of the Hellcat PR.   Well, only 1974dodgecharger, I guess...   :shruggy:

I'm bored because i know how its gonna end.....just enjoy it.

68pplcharger

Ghoste

I love it too, especially since its happening in a year where just a short time ago folks were predicting the end of V8's in an effort to meet those Obama approved CAFE standards.

SRT-440

I heard that the Hellcat can make an obscene amount of power over stock...it was "tested" up to 1200hp with no breakage...saw it on twitter from Mark Trostle head design guy for SRT.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Ghoste

JB400

Indygenerallee

Custom tune and a quite a bit more BOOST!! I can guarantee that the 707 HP numbers are "SAFE" numbers Dodge would not put a engine on the streets with that number being almost the max HP they have taken that motor to grenade status and with everything I have seen on how the engine was designed and how that bottom end was put together it very well could handle 1200 I believe, but with that said what do you do about the transmission and rear when you have it tuned at that amount. They are pushing the Tremec transmission specs at the 707 HP rating as it is.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

68charger440

I wonder how many Richy Rich guys will buy these cars only to find out that they will get kicked off of the track the first time they run it  because they are to fast to run with no roll cage.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Mike DC

Those kinds of Richy Rich guys don't go to the track.  They wrap cars around telephone poles on public roads. 

ECS

Quote from: odcics2 on August 15, 2014, 08:27:50 PM
The boys in Dearborn and Warren got nuttin' on the Men from Auburn Hills.

What's the big deal about a 2014 Challenger with 700 HP when the 2012 Shelby Mustang was available with 1100 HP?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/shelby-previews-1100-hp-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-named-shelby-1000-new-york-auto-show/
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Ghoste

War wagon

Quote from: 68charger440 on August 24, 2014, 12:13:09 AM
I wonder how many Richy Rich guys will buy these cars only to find out that they will get kicked off of the track the first time they run it  because they are to fast to run with no roll cage.

NHRA changed the rules in 2007 iirc that factory stock cars that run faster than the 11.49 cut off for a roll bar are Exempt from cages.. The Hellcat can run 10.8's all day long legally Without a cage!!!
I would imagine if you ran much faster than the NHRA certified times they would tell you to cage it, but stock you can play as much as you like with NO CAGE!

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: War wagon on August 24, 2014, 07:03:36 AM
Quote from: 68charger440 on August 24, 2014, 12:13:09 AM

NHRA changed the rules in 2007 iirc that factory stock cars that run faster than the 11.49 cut off for a roll bar are Exempt from cages.. The Hellcat can run 10.8's all day long legally Without a cage!!!
I would imagine if you ran much faster than the NHRA certified times they would tell you to cage it, but stock you can play as much as you like with NO CAGE!

Yup.

SRT-440

Yea he didn't say how they achieved 1200hp...I'm assuming tuning, pulleys, and maybe a bigger supercharger? Regardless, he said that 707 isn't the engines limit it's just a safe spot and don't be surprised with a few mods to see 700+ rwhp. My thoughts are that the motor will perform beyond the abilities of the Trans and car for that matter.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

ECS

Quote from: Ghoste on August 24, 2014, 04:08:22 AM
Because Ford went outside to do that.

Ford has ownership in the Companies that they use to channel their racing programs.  Similar to the Saleen Mustangs and SLP with General Motors, Ford uses their "secretly funded" Racing outlets as an addendum to their normal Corporate offerings.  While it is all "smoke & mirrors", Ford is directly funding those Programs.  

Ghoste

Perhaps so but its still being done out of house.  Ford may be paying Saleen and Roush but they are still outside contractors.

ECS

Quote from: Ghoste on August 26, 2014, 11:20:23 AM
Perhaps so but its still being done out of house.  Ford may be paying Saleen and Roush but they are still outside contractors.

Using that same line of logic, I guess the 1969 Dodge Daytona is not actually a "Dodge" vehicle and should be classified as a 1969 Creative Industries Daytona.......right?