News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steel billit solid roller , bronze or Melonized gear

Started by fy469rtse, August 09, 2014, 03:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

gears ? Bronze or Melonized , oil pump drive shaft , any one had any success trying the new Melonized gears , inspected mine , bronze and showing wear pattern ,
3 rd one , just when I thought this had settled , run in etc
Ron or challenger340
would be the guys if any that have had experience with these,
Thinking on compatibility of these steels , what is the process involved manufacturing Melonized ?
There's lots of post regarding MSD melonised gears and GM product on other web sites

fy469rtse

Or composite gear from comps, states for R 5 engine ? Is this a race only application
300% increase in wear rate over bronze

firefighter3931

I've only used the bronze gear on a billet roller cam core....no experience with the others. Usually accelerated wear indicates a thrust/endplay problem  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

John_Kunkel

Or a HV oil pump that's causing undue load on the drive gear.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

fy469rtse

end play checked Ron , thanks john , yes was going to put standard pressure pump in next, yes high volume pump
just disapointed that in my research on this engine, that this didnt flag like a bull in a china shop , to me anyway
went with the high volume thinking a lot more oil to this area couldnt hurt
melonised gears on forums keep popping up in discussions mainly on GM stuff , and keeps me wondering ?