News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After work starter swap on my charger

Started by 69wannabe, July 23, 2014, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Been putting it off for awhile but figured since i'm waiting on my cluster to come back from redline gaugeworks I figured it would be a good time to put on the new starter I have had in the box for a few months. It has been starting pretty good but dragging sometimes and it would click sometimes too. It never left me stranded but I know it will just get worse. I just dreaded the mess more than anything, I am still running cast iron heads so when I took the header bolts out coolant gushed out like a fountain, let that drain until it was just a drip then took the collector loose and dropped the header down to access the starter a little better. Removed the starter and battery cable and put the new one in there and put it back together. I had also removed the spark plugs on that side so the header could move freely. I also cleaned the battery cables where they bolt to the starter and took the starter relay off and cleaned all the terminals good and the wire ends that go to the relay. It didn't take as long as I thought it would and it started good too. I filled it back up with coolant and let it run awhile and started it up several more times and no clicking or dragging so far so maybe that is fixed for awhile!! ;D