News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Queston

Started by aberry, July 16, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aberry

Need some Help here Guys, I have a 1968 Dodge Charger I'm restoring.   I order new doors from AMD but the  bottom of the doors are very wavy. I sent one door back and the replacement door is the same.  Is this normal on new doors?  Everything lines up great,  everywhere expect the rear bottom next to the Qrt panel.   "it off about 1/2- 3/4 inch!"   .  I have sent the 2nd door back and the Venders is saying it's not a vender issue,  it only can be a car issue.  The Charger metal work was done by a  Really good  local body shop.    The charge is still at the body shop and they are saying the door is off!   Here is some picture to help explain what Im talking about.   Any Ideas or comments  in making the door work would be appreciated.

Charger-Bodie

Ive had to drive the area where the lower hinge mounts back to get them to fit. The waviness along the bottom usually isn't to bad, but they do have some that blocks out usually.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

aberry

[imgwidth=2174height=1552][/img]

aberry

How can i post pictures to a post? 

aberry

aberry

Any way to fix this new door?  This is what i got from AMD.

Charger-Bodie

They usually are not like that
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

tan top

send that door back too , it  can be fixed , but  ,  you should not have to do that to a new panel ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar Nut

Quote from: aberry on July 16, 2014, 05:13:09 PM
Any way to fix this new door?  This is what i got from AMD.
Call them, they should ship you a replacement.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

aberry

This is a AMD door, I have got two just like it!   I order thru summit racing, and today one of the summit racing employees, said they cant just keep shipping me new doors, and it my Charger that is not level!  The employee said he would due it one more time, So If this 3rd door is the same, any idea of who to order thru?   Or are they a way i can call AMD and get them to check before it ships out!

hemi-hampton

From what I can see in first pic it looks pretty bad. I'd give it back to summit & tell AMD to send you a straight one. I think the more they get shipped around to different Vendors the more likely they are to get damaged in Transit. I get brand new 2014 hoods from GM that come Damaged, Probably 30 damaged hoods out of 300. LEON.

Dino

Some waviness can be expects but this is crazy.  Send it back and ask for a refund.  There's a member on here that is an AMD dealer but of course now I can't think of his name. 

Did you send the pics to Summit?  If they still claim the problem lies with your car there's something wrong with them as well.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

aberry

If you Think of the Guys name let me know!  I have always had Really good luck with AMD,,    thanks for your help..  

Dino

Found him! 

His username is elitecustombody.

elitecustombody@bellsouth.net

hemi-hampton

Looks like the bottom of the door needs more work then just the back corner fixed.  Wonder how a thick metal straight edge would look along the bottom of that door? LEON.

aberry

I have been in contact with a AMD Rep,  Really good guy, He said all AMD door was like!   He said i would have to due some work on the door to make it right!  So should i just try to rut and bondo my old doors and save 1200 dollers or spend more money  and cut and bondo 2 new doors??    Can you guys give me the + or - to eather doors,  my old doors are in pretty bad shape!

Mopar Nut

Would re-skinning your original doors work, that's a nasty bend.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Dino

Get good used doors, I see them for sale all the time.  Place a wanted ad, you'll find some.

There's no way in hell I would use those AMD doors.  That's throwing money away.

hemi-hampton

Get a Refund & buy a solid original door. Even a rusty original door with homemade lower patch would look better then that new POS. LEON. :brickwall: :slap:

JB400

Which side are you having trouble with?  Both sides, or just one side in particular?  Some members here might have exactly what you need. :popcrn:

aberry

I really need a driver door, my right door is fixable but not real good,  Beside AMD are they any other venders that make 68 Dodge charge Doors?

Charger-Bodie

I've used four pairs of amd doors now. They aren't usually junk like that. Period.

aberry

These are the first Doors i have ever bought but i used a lot of AMD stuff before and have never had a problem,   they are sending me another Door hopfully it will be good.   The AMD staff has been very helpful and understandintg during all this! 

Mopar Nut

Quote from: aberry on July 19, 2014, 10:35:50 PM
These are the first Doors i have ever bought but i used a lot of AMD stuff before and have never had a problem,   they are sending me another Door hopfully it will be good.   The AMD staff has been very helpful and understandintg during all this! 
I wonder if the shipping company is damaging them, dropping it could cause that.

Mike DC

First the complaints about the door scoops, now this. 

If this isn't a fluke then AMD oughtta redo their Charger door tooling.