News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disc brake conversions with GM booster and master

Started by Ghoste, July 05, 2014, 10:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

How many companies are using this in their conversion kit?

fy469rtse

Nearly all of them , one of my friends car has this on it , main problem other than not looking correct, it's a must to order brake lines at master to engine side , the length of this puts the master more over shocker tower area , very tight fit getting brakes lines in , we marked the paint up,
If it hadn't been bolted in , it would have gone through the wall he was so frustrated with it

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Dreamcar

How can you tell the difference? If I already have power drums, can my booster be reused if converting to discs?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Dreamcar on July 05, 2014, 02:58:48 PM
How can you tell the difference? If I already have power drums, can my booster be reused if converting to discs?

You can reuse your power booster, and if you don't like the master cylinder that comes in whatever kit you buy, just buy your own master cylinder separately. I bought one for a '76 Volare from RockAuto for ~$12, which connected to my existing brake lines as-is, and continued to use my old drum brakes power booster. It is all working perfectly.

Ghoste

The other big problem besides not looking correct is that it makes it a bear to change plugs around that monster.

Dreamcar

Since I'll be needing a brake conversion kit too (someday), I contacted MP Brakes and they stated that their kits use "a new booster with a Mopar 4 bolt style master cylinder". Just some info.

Ghoste

I think I'll end up talking to the Ram Man this summer if he's at Columbus and get the stuff I need to make it look right from him.