News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone running 18" wheels on 2nd gen charger?

Started by 68charger440, June 30, 2014, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 23, 2014, 10:19:54 AM
Why not go with 22 inch rims.  :scratchchin:
Do you have any pics of 20"?  I think it would force too much of a rubber band look for my taste, but I would like to see it.  I am always open to suggestions.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

bill440rt

Quote from: 68charger440 on July 23, 2014, 11:37:54 AM
Looks good!  No rubbing when you take a sharp turn and a dip in the road at the same time?

Nope. No rub.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: 68charger440 on July 23, 2014, 11:42:01 AM
Do you have any pics of 20"?  I think it would force too much of a rubber band look for my taste, but I would like to see it.  I am always open to suggestions.

I think he's just busting your balls...   :whistling:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

68charger440

Quote from: bill440rt on July 23, 2014, 11:52:42 AM
Quote from: 68charger440 on July 23, 2014, 11:37:54 AM
Looks good!  No rubbing when you take a sharp turn and a dip in the road at the same time?

Nope. No rub.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: 68charger440 on July 23, 2014, 11:42:01 AM

I think he's just busting your balls...   :whistling:
I know, he posted that question once before.  I just prefer the higher road.  It's what I like about this forum.  Most people are respectful and open minded.  I have been on other forums where people think it is some kind of sport to be rude and disrespectful, and I don't want any part of that. :yesnod:
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Kern Dog

Quote from: 68charger440 on July 23, 2014, 08:48:21 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on July 22, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
I also run 18s. 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back. Tires are 275-40 front and 295-45 rear. Nitto 555 tires. Not sure what I'll do at replacement time. The 295 rear is no longer available. I probably should step up to a 305 or 315 rear tire anyway.
Kern Dog, do you have any pics also?

Oh I have pictures... trying to load them here is a pain. I tried THREE times on this thread alone, but keep getting an error message. I emailed Troy and he referred me to a thread in the "site help" section. I have to go through and RENAME every picture I ever want to post here? REALLY?

68charger440

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 23, 2014, 07:46:17 PM
I also run 18s. 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back. Tires are 275-40 front and 295-45 rear. Nitto 555 tires. Not sure what I'll do at replacement time. The 295 rear is no longer available. I probably should step up to a 305 or 315 rear tire anyway.

Oh I have pictures... trying to load them here is a pain. I tried THREE times on this thread alone, but keep getting an error message. I emailed Troy and he referred me to a thread in the "site help" section. I have to go through and RENAME every picture I ever want to post here? REALLY?

That sounds like an pain!  I appreciate the effort.

myk

Go to photobucket.com.  Make a free account.  Upload your images, then copy and past the IMG link into your post:

Quote from: 68charger440 on July 23, 2014, 12:49:10 PM

I know, he posted that question once before.  I just prefer the higher road.  It's what I like about this forum.  Most people are respectful and open minded.  I have been on other forums where people think it is some kind of sport to be rude and disrespectful, and I don't want any part of that. :yesnod:

Those who would deride our efforts to modernize and keep relevant an almost 50 year old chunk of steel need to remember that it's people like US that are the future of the continued celebration of the classic Dodge Charger's performance heritage, keeping it alive and rolling.  It's people like US who will make sure that the legend of the Dodge Charger does more than just sit in the dead pages of history books, random google searches, cold and lifeless museums, and the self-righteous preachings of automotive know-it-alls who probably never turned a wrench in their entire life; WE will keep the classic Dodge Charger where it belongs, doing what it was meant to do since 1966: rumbling down the roads of the free world in the shape of timeless styling blended with modern technology to keep it a capable and competitive automotive legend in the past, present and the FUTURE...

Bob T

Just out of interest, recently we changed the 15 x 8 & 15 x 10 Magnums off my mates Daytona to his Ali 16 x 8 Aero wheels. ( I also have the same size Magnums on my car )
The difference in weight between the sets was huge, which must also mean less rolling mass weight and power to turn it too, it would've made a difference on my dyno result if I'd changed mine out before the pull.

However, how do the modern 18 and 19's stack up for weight reduction or gain  against the 15 & 16's??
Anybody got any specs? Just interested 
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

68charger440

Bob, I'm not sure what the weight savings would be but when I go shopping for wheels I think I will put that on my list of questions to ask.
Myk, first of all...nice pic you posted. It makes me realize Chargers aren't the only pretty faces out there.  I agree with what you said.  I think there is a place for everyone from the museums where the cars are 100% bone stock and never see the road to the highly modified touring cars and those like mine which are mostly stock with my own small changes like wheels and a modern stereo.  For me I get a thrill from driving it more than looking at it, and I love all of the thumbs up and woo hoo's I get and the people's stories about when they had a charger and how they wish they still had it.  That is what trips my trigger!

Dino

For comparison:  17x8 with 245/45 on the front and 17x9.5 with 275/50 on the rear.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

I have a few more so let me jus throw them up here.

Dino

pics

Dino

Troy

It was different at one time. You can blame some of the numbnuts who decided to upload the exact same picture to every post instead of properly creating a signature. Our bandwidth and drive space shot through the roof! I'm working on a long term solution that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Kern Dog

68charger440

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 25, 2014, 09:23:41 PM
fnvkjan
I'm not sure what that "fnvkjan" acronym means but I'm guessing it is not good. :lol:

Kern Dog

Ha ha...
I was trying to load pictures again and just typed a few keys... STILL no luck posting any pix!