News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I had this back for one month, one car show, then this, update 12/8/14

Started by 8WHEELER, June 26, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Spent thirteen years doing a rotisserie resto on this car. Lost 20k on the first body guy ''long story one guy shop''' Brought it home after five
years and two crapy paint jobs, I just had to get it home and try and find a good shop. Saved money for four years, found a trust worthy
body guy. Took the car to him, took all the new quarters off, trunk pan, trunk ext, rear valance etc........ put on full AMD back half metal.

Put a fresh 68, 30 over 440 in, new everything ''some may have seen my engine problems from that rebuild, near the beginning of the year''.
Anyway, that new engine was shot, and with no recourse from that shop, I had to pull the engine and buy all new parts and go 40 over.

Got the car back from the final cut and buff a month ago. Fixed lots of small problems as expected. Got to take it to its first show two weeks ago.

Took it to the trany shop yesterday, to put in a brand new set of 323 gears. Got a call this morning at 8am, telling me about a problem with the car  :flame:

Before shots

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

8WHEELER

He tells me get was getting ready to make to turn onto the lift, when he gave it to much gas and BOOM   :flame: :flame: :flame:

Dan

Challenger340

That just makes me want to puke.
Very sorry for your loss.... I sincerely hope the shop has Insurance.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Fitz73Chrgr

Holy crap.  I hope they make this right.  Sounds like the last thing you need is another run around from a shop.  :rotz:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

BIGBLCK11

WOW!  Very sorry that happened to your Charger.  I hope you can get it repaired without too much pain and quickly.  Especially after that long journey getting there.  It is a sharp looking car!  Best of luck getting it back in order.

crj1968

8WHEELER

The door will not open, or move at all, it is jammed into the quarter panel. He had to climb out the passenger seat.

Dan

sanders7981

:o

Wow... "Problem with the car". Lol, more  like a problem with the driver of the car that caused the accident!

Charger-Bodie

That sucks the big green donkey one.

Really sorry to hear this dude.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Moparpoolman

Quote from: 8WHEELER on June 26, 2014, 09:40:34 PM
He tells me get was getting ready to make to turn onto the lift, when he gave it to much gas and BOOM   :flame: :flame: :flame:

dAN
I don't believe :scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

Bummer, I'd be wanting to kill somebody. I bet they were out joy riding. I've worked at many body shops where they would take Customers cars out for joyrides, I could tell you some stories. LEON.

JB400

That's not a problem, that's a disaster!!!! :brickwall: Best of luck for a speedy resolution :pity:

8WHEELER

Thank for the replies my friends, I am trying to calm down............ I still want to destroy something right now  :brickwall:  but don't want to break
a bone in my hand again, I have got pissed before, and one time broke a bone in my hand, takes a long time to heal, and a full hand cast for two months  :brickwall:

Dan

bill440rt

Oh... my... g...  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

That is terrible to see.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Whatever the case is, HE IS RESPONSIBLE!!!! What a crying shame...
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

8WHEELER

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 26, 2014, 10:26:19 PM
Bummer, I'd be wanting to kill somebody. I bet they were out joy riding. I've worked at many body shops where they would take Customers cars out for joyrides, I could tell you some stories. LEON.

That was the first thing my wife said  :yesnod:  but in this case you can see the paint chunks and stuff from the car exactly where he told me it
took place, so in this case I believe him.

hemi-hampton

You'd have to be going kinda fast to do that much damage, I don't see how he was just trying to make a turn onto lift & gave it to much gas & did that much damage, Does he drive 30-40 mph onto lift? LEON.

8WHEELER

This is what he said he ran into, it was on the lift next to where he wanted to put my car. the lift was on the ground still. Its hard to
believe all this damage can happen to my car, and just scuff marks on the bumper, and it is bent slightly.............

If you look close, you can see a chunk of paint on the back bumper of the SUV.......

Dan

polywideblock

what a bummer   :eek2:    hope he makes this right    :yesnod:

looks like the result of unsupervised  help to me  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

familymopar

Reading this post hurt my stomach.  I am sorry this happened to you after such a long and trying journey.  I hope everything works out, works out well, and works out quickly.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

hemi-hampton

Not sure I buy that story. I still say he was out joyriding. Thats a real bummer either way. LEON.

HeavyFuel

I feel for you, man.    :pity:

Gave it too much gas?   Who was putting it on the lift, a 15 year-old girl with a drivers permit?

8WHEELER

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 26, 2014, 10:47:08 PM
You'd have to be going kinda fast to do that much damage, I don't see how he was just trying to make a turn onto lift & gave it to much gas & did that much damage, Does he drive 30-40 mph onto lift? LEON.

I agree  :rotz:  he did tell me his foot got stuck on the gas pedal   :shruggy:, so he hit the brakes as well, but he said by that time, it did not help. You can see the
skid marks from the front tires. The rear tires just pushed the front tires on that slick concrete.

Dan

Windsor

I'd check the police blotter for any H&R reports. I'd expect to see that kind of damage on new cars at low speed, not necessarily on a car made of real steel. It would be too easy to pull paint chips.

Anyways. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully his insurance handles it quickly and you can get them to expedite replacement parts and repairs.

lloyd3

And I thought my experiences with restoration shops were bad.  This takes the cake. I don't buy his story either, but no matter what he tells you, he's on the hook for whatever it costs to make you whole. At least now you know where to take it. First, confirm that he has an adequate policy, then I'd line up an attorney just in case his insurance company tries to pull any cost-saving stunts. I assume you've documented all of your costs to this date (for the most recent restoration)?

chaos52

I audibly groaned when I saw the first photo.  :puke:

So, so sorry.