News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Getting closer, starting the final body work at last! ****Mission Accomplished**

Started by timmycharger, June 25, 2014, 09:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

gers1968rt

Great job, and love the color. How much painting experience did you have before you started the project? Ger
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

timmycharger

Quote from: gers1968rt on October 04, 2014, 05:28:26 AM
Great job, and love the color. How much painting experience did you have before you started the project? Ger

Thank you, its one of my favorite Mopar colors, even though not correct for my year. My brother in law has been doing the spraying, both of us doing the bodywork, neither of us had any real painting experience but the auto body supply store has a guy that used to be a pro painter and he has been guiding us all along which has been great.  We always messed around with cars and have done spray bomb projects, not totally different with a real spray gun. :cheers:

timmycharger

So im about a month behind schedule but finally got all of the panels primed/sealed and hung on the car. Still needs a few tweaks here and there, specifically the doors, but that can wait till the spring when I tackle the final filler/blocking of the body now that the lines are all straight. Hopefully by July/August we can look to spray it all blue!!

Need a break from body work, on to the next project which is getting it ready to possibly run in the spring, meaning running the fuel lines, mounting the tank, etc, all good stuff and a change of scenery.  

Here are some pics, excuse the terrible iphone but  you get the idea  :icon_smile_big:

timmycharger

:2thumbs:

moparnation74