News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Discovery channel new show featured wingcars

Started by nascarxx29, June 14, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

I'll watch the wingcar episode for sure but I'm still left wondering how many more reality shows about restoration for easy big bucks with tight deadlines and staff drama there is room for.

NYCMille

"Fat n Furious" - Oh great, more crappy automotive TV...

Daytona R/T SE

Looks like total garbage. :down:

Just like the rest of these "buy it cheap, fix it in four minutes because there's some fake, ridiculous deadline and flip it" shows.

Television is in the shitter. :flush:

It won't be long, and I'm going to take the dish down and be done with it.

All of it. :pullinghair:

RallyeMike

Quote"Fat n Furious" - Oh great, more crappy automotive TV...

It's amazing how many of these they are putting on the air. Just like a repeated copy on a copy machine, the quality is degrading with every new show. The good thing is that hopefully they are building a new generation of gear heads. The bad thing is that this generation might behave like like the people we see in these shows.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

remta1

73rallye440magnum

Quote from: Ghoste on June 16, 2014, 06:25:33 AM
Many already do.

I'm approaching my late 20's. Many my age can't distinguish a wrench from a screwdriver, but rest assured there are a few very talented enthusiasts and tradespeople.

There are also some that have failed to develop their behavior beyond what you'd expect of a kindergarten student. My experience associates this with the tuner crowd.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Indygenerallee

Their are only a couple of "automotive" shows I will watch anymore. I like "Wheeler Dealers" and "All girls garage" (just because I like watching good looking girls turn wrenches!) I don't care for all the worthless "grab ass drama shows"
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

pettybird

The 'birds are our B5 car and Ron Plaskin's Y1 car.  We're in a later episode, like 5 or 6, whichever is last.  I've been repeatedly scolded about giving out details...

Click here for the longer commercial for the show:

http://www.extratv.com/2014/06/11/theres-a-show-called-fat-n-furious-and-you-need-to-check-it-out/

pettybird

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 18, 2014, 10:33:31 AM
Their are only a couple of "automotive" shows I will watch anymore. I like "Wheeler Dealers" and "All girls garage" (just because I like watching good looking girls turn wrenches!) I don't care for all the worthless "grab ass drama shows"

The girls on 'all girls garage' are actually pretty talented, too.  and, they don't yell at each other. 

StoneCold

Watched the first episode. Actual car stuff is ok...the rest is a typical reality show with obnoxious characters.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/jun/26/fat-amp-furious-quick-out-of-the-gate/

6PakBee

I don't care which one of the newer shows you watch, the characters seem to be having FUN.  This is a huge change from the  first of this type of show, "American Hot Rod".  With Boyd and company nobody seemed to be having a good day.  As to 'Fat and Furious', I can't wait for 'Counting Car's' to be back with new episodes. 

nascarxx29

Episode on tonight with Thunderbirds and Superbirds
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

So it wasn't horrible!

We had a get together at a local bar to watch (thanks to it being a slow Monday we got the whole dining room.). There were about 30 people who showed up, including the owner of the yellow car who had to drive over an hour to get there.  Tonight was by far the best part of being on the show.

djcarguy

I saw it monday nite in oregon,loved all the bird an wing parts an shots. awesum looking Superbirds an track footage..  seen most of Fat n furry now an enjoy the show an not heavy on yelling an crap..

Great looking blue an yellow birds duking it out on road race track, :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:  lattter DJ out west  :drool5: over mike an sons white bird for few days this weekend,got a wing bug again real bad.. :2thumbs:

billssuperbird

I like the part when you mom told about taking you to school in the Superbird that had to be so cool.  :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

hemigeno

Congrats Doug, although I wish they had filled the whole episode with Superbird stuff.  It's not like they wouldn't have had enough material if they chose to shoot it all.

So, what's all the particulars about your new mill that they didn't bother to spell out on the show?  And, did Ron just outbrake you going into Turn One?  I though you had him down the first straight stretch after you woke up at the starting line  :poke: :icon_smile_big:  The car looked like it was running well, especially on that pass for the win.  It probably sounds especially wicked if you uncorked the exhaust blockoffs too.

Congrats again!

:cheers:

BigBlockSam

i enjoyed the show you guys where great  :cheers: :cheers: 
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Man, I missed it.......... Maybe I can do a search on DirectTV and view it now? Congrad's Doug..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection