News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any pilots? 3rd class medical exemption

Started by JB400, June 14, 2014, 01:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

For those interested in general aviation, are you open to having a 3rd class medical exemption, or would you prefer to leave things as is? :popcrn:

For those that don't know about it, here's a brief summary
http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2011/October/27/Keep-flying-180-hp-one-passenger-drivers-license-medical

AKcharger

Hmmm Didn't hear about that, I don't have an issue. Only time I can think of a PP having medical conditions and causing trouble was Airport '75 when that guy had a heart attack and hit the 747 and Karen Black had to fly the plane...come to think of it she didn't have a medical

John_Kunkel

Anybody can "fly" a 747, it's the "landing" part that gets tricky.  :icon_smile_big:

The link in the OP is 3 years old and, in typical government form, there's still no rule. Here's the latest on the rulemaking:

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2014/April/02/FAA-announces-rulemaking-on-third-class-medical.aspx?CMP=ADV:1
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

hemigeno

My Dad got his private pilot's license around 1977, and later got his Instrument and Multi-engine ratings.  He still loves flying, but had to give it up in the early 1990's -- unless another licensed pilot was with him -- once he went on hypertension medicine and as a result couldn't pass the physical.

Personally, I have no problem with the medical exemption under the listed criteria (non-commercial, VFR, <250 knots, 5 or fewer passengers).  If that exemption bill is signed into law, Dad might be back in the skies once again. 

Thanks for the link.

troy.70R/T

Id be open to that. I have not flew in about 15 years and I really wish I had kept up with it.  :'( o well just another regret.